Chapter 11

Markise has stayed at my house a lot, we stay at hotels and stayed at his actual house a few times, because my mom was being a psychotic bitch. His dad cooled down about him dating a human after a day or two. Well, the main reason his dad cooled off is because he told him that he was my master. Holly really liked his house, she said it was her dream house. And that is true, she’d only have this house in her dreams, I could never in a million years be able to buy this house for her. Sale liked it, but I think he liked Markises sister more, she is pretty cute, they hang out and go on walks when he comes over. Yes, this is the same sister that ratted Markise out for me being human. Damn hoe, I couldn’t say anything, so I thought is and she knew it and just smiled at me, like the asshole she is.

“So, what do you want to do for your birthday?” Markise asked laying on the ceiling, while I laid in bed.

“Sleep” I said, not wanting to do anything, I haven’t done anything for my birthday in years. Sale and I always concentrated on Hollys birthday and not our known.

“Come on, anything, just shoot something out, I don’t care how much. I want you to have the best 18th birthday. You only turn 18 once” He said slowly levitating down.

“You only turn any age once” I said sitting up to kiss him.

“Fine. I have to go home” He said then walked over to the door.

“What!? No, don’t leave” I said jumped out of bed and ran over to him before he could go.

“Have to, my mom needs me home for something. Sorry. I’ll text you later”

“okay..” I signed and went back over to my bed.

After about an hour in my room laying in bed, I got up and went downstair to tell Sale that I’d be back later, that I was going on a walk. Before leaving I grabbed my wallet, that always had money in it cause of Markise.

I went down an old path in the woods to get to town, I wasn’t scared or anything, I just haven’t walked on it for a while, since I started dating Markise, he always drove me everywhere. I thought I kept hearing twigs breaking and bushes shuffling. No, it was just my nerves, cause Markise is mad and all, and stuff like that. Theres no one following me.

I sat in the ice cream parlor in the corner by myself, eating superman ice cream with red sprinkles, minding my own business, looking down at my food, when the seat across from me shifted and there was a person in it. I looked up and there was a boy with black hair and dressed all in black sitting, staring right at me, like he was looking into my soul or something like that. “Can I help you?” I asked nicely. He smirked but didn’t say anything. “Can I help you?” I asked not so nicely this time.

“Well, yes and no. I just wanted to join you. You looked a bit lonely and I thought I’d come and keep you company” He said moving to the seat next to me.

Was this guy for real.? Damn ass! “Well, okay then” I said confused. “You’re not going to have ice cream, since this is a ice cream parlor and everything” I said looking around then at him.

He smiled, “No, I’m, I’m lactose intolerant”

Lactose intolerant my ass, he was a vampire. And now he knew that I know. “Why are you really here?” I demand.

Before he could answer a voice appeared behind him angry “Who the fucks this Kat?” it was Markise.

The boy turned around and looked at Markise and smiled, Markise look as if he was going to rip his head off right there and right then. “Hello Markise”

“You know this cheap?” I asked Markise.

“I told you to leave me alone. Why are you here and what the hell you want?!” Markise hissed at him. Damn, they must have quite the past. I’ll sit and watch. “You know what?! I don’t give a shit, you don’t own me anymore and freed me, you told me you wanted me out of your life, now it’s my time to tell you to get out of mine!” Markise yelled grabbing my hand and rushed out. Oh shit...

As we were getting into the car, the man walked out of the shop and yelled “I found your daughter”

“You have a daughter?!” I yelled slamming the door shut and started walking away, from them.

“Where?! How?!” Markise yelled, probably not noticing that I was leaving.

“Kat, you should stay too? She’s your grate 10th grandmother! Yes, oh yes, this means Markise is your grate 11th grandfather. So, how more wonderful could this day get?” He laughed.

“No, Markise, tell me its not true” I looked over at him, about to cry.

He ran over to me and pulled me closely, “No, it’s not true, he likes to lie, it’s his favorite game to play.”

“Oh, Markise, you should have played along, she was about to cry. No, its not true. But I did find your son. He turned into an asshole though, not sure if you’d want to meet him, I get along with him very well” He walked closer to us.

“Thats another lie, I never had a son!” Markise yelled opening the door for me. I got in and and he went over to the driver side to get in.

“I’ll see you soon” The man said as Markise was getting into the car.