Chapter 7

“Here!” I said pulling out the paper of questions and handing it to him. “Just take it, I don’t want to think about that kind of shit, eww!” I practically yelled at him. He then pulled out a folded piece of paper out of his back pocket and handing it to me. He also asked 52 question, I thought that was really cool. The first question read ‘What is your middle name’ “My name is Kat Lynn Thomas” I told him shyly. Nobody, besides my family, knows my full name.

“I died in 1695”

“I was born December 20th 1995, coldest day that year, negative 25 degrees”

Suddenly the door opened a bit and Holly peeked in, then pushed the door and ran towards Markise. She hugged him so tightly. “Holly, what’s wrong?” Markise asked looking at me confused.

“Can we stay with you tonight?” She cried into his shoulder.

“Honey, that's not really up to me, its up to Kat and Sale and my parents.” He told her while pulling his phone out. He was probably texting his parents to ask. But then I remember that Markise and his whole family are vampires. I’m not letting Holly or even Sale stay the night in a house full of vampires, I’m not even ready for that yet. “Holly, I asked my parents, they said no, but, they said I can get you guys a hotel room and stay with you. Would you like that?” She looked at him so happy and nodded her head fastly. “Good, you should go get some clothes for tomorrow and put them in a bag” He told her.

Once she left the room I looked at Markise, really unsure what to say “So, um, did they really say that?”

“No exactly... She told me to get a hotel room for the night, cause my dad is still a bit mad, but shes fine with it.” He said getting up from my bed and going over to my closet. He took a black shirt out and a pair of red skinny jeans, then put them in a bag.

“Why do your parents care so much that you’re dating me?” I asked leaning up to get out of bed. I felt the back of my head and there wasn’t a cut there anymore.

He looked at me for a slight second unsure himself. “It’s not right, cause you're human, and you will grow old and die, and me, I’ll stay the same age for a very long time. Vampires don’t think it’s right to be involved with humans because once you get old and die, we’re by ourselves again. Or something like that, I don’t really know. I’m  hundreds of years old and I still don’t know or even understand half of the vampire world.”

There was a knock at my bedroom and Sale came in looking at us confused and concerned a bit. “Did you tell holly that you were getting us a hotel room?” He asked walking into the room, then closing the door.

“Yes, I hope thats fine. She didn’t want to stay the night her, plus I didn’t want Kat staying her right after what happened. You are certainly welcomed to come. But if you wish them to stay here, since they are your kin, and you know them more than I ever will, I’m comfortable with that, just please, watch them.” Markise said looking at Sale, then smiling at me.

“No, that’s nice of you, to care for my sisters like that. Yeah, please do that” He said as he was turning back to the door, He half turned back around to look at Markise “Thank you” I couldn’t believe Sale just thanked Markise. Sale for some reason hated Markise since the second he looked at him, and now, he’s thanks.

“Any time” Markise smiled, then grabbing my hand softly to hold it.

Sale was halfway out the door when he said, “I guess you're not that bad of a guy after all” before Markise could say a word, Sale had closed the door.

“He didn’t like me..?” Markise asked puzzled. He slightly turned his head, it was kind of cute. I mean, a human, my brother, who is like 300 years younger then him, just puzzled my boyfriend, a vampire, who is like 335 years old, and who is literally the strongest man I’ll probably ever know, unless I meet another vampire. Now that I think about it, I’m still all giggly about that I have a boyfriend, and that he’s a vampire, and that I know an actual VAMPIRE! But on the down side, he’s kind of a pedo, cause he’s like way older then me. I looked up at Markise, who had a smirk on his face. Shit, he was just listening in on my thoughts, fuck!

“Yes, yes I was, you have quit the mind, but you think of so much odd things” He said pulling me into a hug.

When I was hugging him back, this almost over power sent blew off of him and into my nose, it kind of make a tingling go down my spine. No, fuck no, this was not what he was talking about, that I’d want him, sexually. I pushed him away and jumped out of bed and stood by the door. He looked at me with sorrow, like he thought he did something. “Are we going to go? To the hotel.?” I asked picking my bag up.

He smiled a bit then got out of bed, so we could go.