Chapter 5

I closed my eyes and not even seconds later, his lips were touching mine, kissing me, I, of course was kissing back. I was totally surprised, not even a minute ago he told me he wanted to be friends, and now he’s kissing me. What the hell, mixed messages much?

He moved back a little bit, close enough I could kiss him, but far enough that our lips  weren’t touching. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you felt that way” He said taking the key out of the car.

I leaned over my seat and gave him a tiny kiss on the lips. When I sat back in my seat, I said “I really like you” then got out of the car when I noticed the school doors were opening.

I started walking towards the school, thinking that Markise was right behind me. But then I hear “Kat, stop!” I turn around and Markise is just now getting out of the car “Be my girlfriend, I won’t take no as an answer” He yelled slamming the car door. And running to me in almost vampire speed. I just looked up at him and smiled, then nodded. He wrapped his arms around my waist then started swinging me around in circles. I laughed so hard, no ones ever done that to me.

We walked into the school hand to hand, everyone stared at us. I will admit that Markise is my first boyfriend. What can I say? I haven’t found anyone good enough until him. I can’t help who I like. Everyone at school knew I hated people, hating people was like a job I loved. And it was weird that I’d like another human being. But what they don’t know is Markise wasn’t human, in fact, he’s a vampire who could kill everybody here without anyone knowing.

We were walking to my locker, one the third floor, which no one was allowed to be on until third bell, cause no teachers were up here yet, but I know my ways to get around authority. Markise pushed me against a locker, it scared me, my lip was trembling. God, he’s going to hurt me? What's going on? Don’t kill me. He leaned away from me, looking confused, then turned to walk away. “Markise...” I cried out.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around, at first he fought with himself to speak or not to speak. He walked towards me saying “You need to trust me Kat, I would never hurt you!”

It hurt my heart hearing him yell at me, it felt like knifes cutting my heart out. Why did I feel like I was already falling for him..? I feel like he’s had my heart my whole life, maybe his whole life too. “I’m sorry...”

“No, I’m sorry. You’re not used to this life yet, I shouldn’t have done that to you.” He said pulling me into a hug “I was going to ask you a question” He whispered in my ear. I pulled away a little and looked into his eyes and waited for him to speak. “I want you to write down as many questions as you can that you want to know about me, and I will do the same. We need to know more about each other, if we want to be a couple”

“It’s a deal”