Chapter 1

I lied my head down on my tan desk, tired from a long night staying up, reading a new vampire book I got at the bookstore the day before. Vampires were my life, even though everyone called me crazy for believing in them. Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she?

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. I picked my head up a little, but wasn’t able to keep it up. The annoying teachers voice said “Hello, can I help you?”

A boys voice spoke so softly, “I’m new here, I’m in this class, I think..” he sounded kind of cute, too bad I was too tired to look at him and see.

“Oh, well, sit behind Kat, the girl who is sleeping over there”, the teachers ugly voice spoke like nails on a choke board. As in the sleeping girl, she meant me, dumb twit, I’m not sleeping, yet.

It was now the last ten minutes of class, the teacher let us do whatever we wanted, listen to music, talk to each other, talk on our phone, shit like that. I picked my head up and looked down at my phone, nothing, no missed phone calls, no text messages.

Out of nowhere, the words “Hello, I’m Markise, you must be Kat?” they were spoken by the boy behind me, who I haven’t looked at yet.

I turned around and he was really cute, shiny dark gray eyes, red lips, white teeth, pale white skin, and a perfect shape of the face. I stared at him for a second, then spoke, “Yeah, um, I’m Kat. It’s nice to meet you Markise. Um, where’d you move from?”

He had a questioning look on his face of a millisecond, like he was fighting with himself, if he should answer my question or not. “Romania” He spoke very unsure of himself.

“Nice. I’ve read a lot of stories and seen a lot of pictures of Romania. Full of vampires, Gothic churches, beautiful, all that good stuff.” I had to stop myself from talking anymore. I loved Romania, the country of vampires. Sent chills down my spine.

“You know, vampires aren’t very fun, their very dangerous” As he said that the bell magically rang, I blinked and he was gone.. The fuck..? This kid is weird, but I have to find out more about him, I kind of like him, he’s cute, but that's about it, I know nothing about him, only that he comes from Romania..

I walked into my 4th period and pulled out my book, I was on page 231, out of 462, still had quite a few pages left. I was at the part when Victor; some high vampire king kills the beautiful princess of Moscow. But it was all her fault, she shouldn’t have nosing into his business and flung herself onto him when he was starving. I honestly think she wanted to him to kill her.

I was deep into the book, couldn’t hear anything around me, but then, then I felt a cold breath on my neck and felt as if someone was staring into my soul. I looked behind me and Markise and was right there, he was looking over my shoulder, why was his breath so cold? He got a bit closer and spoke softly “How’s your book?”

I was confused. He was actually asking me about my book..? “Um, good”

“I’ve read it three times already, the endings my best part” He said then winked at me. Why, why did he wink at me..? Did I miss something?

I turned back around in my seat and kept reading until the end of class. When the bell rang, I turned around to talk to Markise, but he wasn’t there.

The day rolled on, being the boring ass school like normally. I didn’t see Markise for the rest of the day, which I thought was weird, cause I notice every little thing. When I saw someone with jet black hair I thought it was him, but then it wasn’t. Why was so hung up on this guy anyways? I didn’t even know him. Its almost like I’m attracted to him. But not like I’m attracted to him cause he’s cute, even though he is. But it’s like I want to see him, I want to be near him, I need to know him, I just want to be close to him. It’s weird, I’m just going flat out crazy.