Chapter 10

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?!? I AM WHAT!? No, I did not hear him right. “I’m going to bed” I told him then laid down facing the other way that he was.

“No, baby’ He said putting a hand on my side “Please don’t be mad at me. I’ve never made myself into someones master. And, I don’t want to be your master, I want to be your boyfriend” He said flipping me over, so I was on my back, looking straight up at him.

I sat up looking into his eyes, he looked into mine. I could tell he wasn’t paying attention, his muscles loosened up, thats when I flipped over onto his back. He looked puzzled, but happy. I leaned down and kissed him on the lips, then the cheek, moving to his neck. I started kissing and nibbling at his neck, Markise started to softly moan, thats why I bit him as hard as I could. He screamed at medium level then pushed me off. I fell backwards onto the bed.

“Why’d you do that?” He hissed.

“So you could know how I felt!” I yelled.

“I’m sorry..” He said softly, pulling me gently back into his arms. “I really am”

I laid there, against his chest, when I noticed he didn’t have a heart beat. This was going to be different with Markise in my life. I have a person to protect me, and make me happy when I’m down, and I also have someone to drive me places, which I don’t want him to, but he says he wants to, and I have a place to stay if I don’t want to go home, I’m talking about his house, not a hotel, I can only guess how much this is costing him and his family, but the most thing that’ll change my life is that he’s a vampire. I don’t know how many more times I’ll have to say that to myself for me to realize that Markise is a vampire. A living, breathing vampire. Wait, he’s not actually alive or breathing, he’s more like that living dead and the pretender of breathing. But you know what I mean, right? Now that I’m with a vampire, won’t I meet more vampires, and won’t I be in danger more often. No Kat, don’t think about that stuff. Markise will not let anything happen to you. Just go to sleep, don’t think about this shit anymore, go to bed.

I woke up to a phone ringing and the door knocking all at the same, it was so loud and annoying, “UGH!” I moaned and rolled over, snuggling into the blanket.

“Baby, wake up, it’s time to go” I heard a voice; Markises, on the other side of the room. I screamed on the top of my lungs, in my mind ‘NO!!!’ There was a silence for a second, but then he spoke “Don’t take that tone with my little lady”

“Or what?!” I yelled picking my head off the pillow.

“You’ll be a sneak again” He hissed at me. He must not be a morning person. I didn’t saw anything, I didn’t want to be an actual sneak again for a while, even though it was cool and all. I looked over at the clock and it read 6:45 AM, the alarm was still going off, what an annoying appliance. I snached it from the bed side table and throw it, almost hitting Markise. “What the FUCK?!” Markise yelled turning around fast to look at me.

“Sorry... At least it shut up the alarm...” I said a bit scared that he’d attack, so I hid under the covers.

“It’s fine. Just get up and get ready, I don’t want to be late for school.” As he spoke his voice faded away, into the bathroom, I think.

4 months past, its mid-July, two weeks until I turn 18, and 3 week after that school starts again and Markise and I will be Seniors. I’m so thankful, I can’t wait to be out of school forever. Markise and I have not had sex and did any sexual, he just feeds from my thigh sometimes, a lot, he says he likes it more than hunting animals or drinking from blood bags, and of course I don’t mind at all, because I feed off of him too. Drinking his blood somehow makes me less hungry and gives my body all the stuff it needs to be healthy, plus, I’m stronger. Markise has also be teaching me how to defend myself if I ever get into trouble and he's not there with me and how to protect myself from vampires. That part I’m not all that good at, but I’m still learning.