Chapter 12 : Hide and Seek

Edited

I was now in front of my master door and it was 8:55. I sighed while thinking to the confession Chris did a few minutes ago. How could these few words make me so uncertain of myself right now? I thought that if I stayed distant and cold from everyone, they wouldn't want to know me personally. Seemed I was wrong and I was very frustrated 'cause Chris didn't only want to know me, but to go out with me! I sighed again, hoping that master would make me kill someone, so I could let go. Mmmmm, what should I do to him? Let's see... I would slowly torture the target that's undeniable. So, at first I would beat him up, then I would cut him on one arm then slowly trail the knife to his face... 'Cause of all this pain, the target would scream and beg for me to stop. In order to make him shut up I... I would cut his tongue... No, gag him? No, that would...

The little alarm on my watch got me out of my trance. I groaned, if someone had something against me and had attempted something while I was day dreaming, I would be dead. I groaned again, I let my guard off too much in here! I have to finish my business and go away.

Anyways, I knocked on the door and waited. I knocked again after I got no answer and waited, maybe he was so busy with the paperwork that he didn't hear me. But after the fourth time, he still didn't answer, so I got a bit worried.

"Master, I'm going in." I said loud enough, so he could hear me pass the door.

I opened the door and went inside, but no one was here. I looked at my watch and saw 9:05 pm. That wasn't normal... I remember Matt saying that Master was never late, he was even always in advance, so why wasn't he in his office? Did something happen?

I started to search for something unusual in his desk and found a single piece of paper. I took it and read:

"Nyx, I suppose you're wondering where I am, so I'm giving you 1 hour to find me. Your time start at 9:05 and more you will advance in your search, more complicated the puzzle will be. If you don't find me during the time limit, you'll be punished.

Derek, your master."

A punishment? Seriously? Puzzle? What puzzle? I searched on the desk and tried several drawers, but they were all locked. Puzzle... Did he mean that the quest itself was a puzzle?

I walked back to the door and turned the doorknob, but I found the door locked!

"A puzzle huh? I gotta get out of this office first." I mumbled to myself.

I looked around and the only choice was... The windows... I walked toward it and tried to open them. They did! I picked my head outside and looked down. Well, I was on the third floor, so yeah, it's kinda high. Then I looked upward and saw another window open. I found it suspicious, but it was my only clue, so... Why not?

I got my upper half of my body outside of the window and the other half still inside. I used my hand to support myself and in one go I was suspended outside on the third floor only 'cause of my hands. I started to climb and soon I could also use my foot to help me climb.

In no time, I reached the other window and pulled myself in. I looked at my watch and saw 9:15. Yeah, wondered why, but I didn't want to be punished. I looked around and saw another paper on the wall.

"One step closer Nyx. Now follow my instruction. You'll turn left and walk in the hallways until you reach the fourth room on your left. Enter it and there shall be another clue.

D.Y.M"

I followed the instructions and I was about to go in, but again the door was locked. I sighed in frustration and went on my knees. I looked through the keyhole and of course, there was no key on the other side.

I took out to points which were some decoration on my belt. I struggled to get the door open, but finally, it did! It was much harder than it looked in movies. Maybe I should just have kicked the door open... Yeah, I should have.

So, I went inside the room and it was a luxurious dining room. This was at another level than the one downstairs. I looked around in admiration but then snapped out of my trance remembering my original task. I searched for the clue, but there was no paper... I looked at the time and it was 9:25! Shit, I only had 35 minutes left, I really should hurry!

"If I were a clue, where would I be hiding?" I murmured to myself again.

Yeah, if someone would hear me saying that, I bet he would think I'm totally crazy. But hey! I had less than 30 minutes now so...

I had searched all the dining room and there was no sign of a piece of paper.... I sighed while letting me fall on the chair and looked at the stupid table, in the stupid dining room which reminded me that I was here because of my stupid master wanting to play a stupid game of hide and seek! I groaned in frustration and the saw something different at the plate in front of me. I got myself out of the chair and went to observe at the plate next to it. They were looking alike, but there was something different... something, but what?

I looked at the plate and found nothing, so I decided to touch it, to feel it. Then realized something. There was something covering the plate! I took the tinted plastic film and ripped it off and found exactly what I searched!

"You're now only a step from me.

Only a thin layer is separating you from me.

All shining and silver,

With the face of an angel,

You look into it,

And find this place behind it.

What am I?

Good luck my fallen angel, I'll be waiting.

D.Y.M"

What was that supposed to mean? I always sucked at riddles!

"Fuck!" I swore in annoyance.

I looked at my watch and saw 10:00 pm! Shit, only five minutes left! I looked around searching for something... Like a painting with an angel on it? Well, that was a start. I looked around searching for a painting with angels, but there was none, there were only landscape paintings...

Shit! I think I would have the punishment...

Okay, guys! This time, I will like your collaboration, okay?

I want you all to try and solve the riddle and write your answer in the comment. There's were it would be decisive! If there's only ONE PERSON who tells me the right answer in the comment, this answer would decide Nyx fate! Here's a hint! The picture to the side may help you. (I know it's not really a hint, but MEH.) You have until Wednesday to answer or I won't be able to get the next chapter out in time... Yup so 5 days including today!

"So, my cute little fallen one, what's your answer?" said Derek with an eyebrow up while watching him with a smirk.

Oh and Happy Halloween! Who's going for candy tonight? If you're going, do you mind sharing some candy with me?