2 2 n d

Legend:

MACRO- Bold
ZOEY- Italic

About fifteen minutes after the phone call, the delivery arrived.

Macro raced down the stairs with a stupid grin plastered on his charming face. He couldn't wait to see what note Zoey wrote on his cup.

It has been a custom for Zoey to write funny, and sometimes rather innapropriate, messages to Macro on his Starbucks cup.

But recently, he hasn't ordered much from the coffee shop, and just called there to talk to the girl who he has grown attatched to. He couldn't help but be excited to see her note.

As he reached the door, the smile on his face grew wider, if that was even possible. Finally, he opened the door, revealing a guy about in his 20s holding a plastic.

"Sup, Joe. How've you been doing?" Macro asked the delivery man. Joe was the one who always delivers his orders from Starbucks, and the twenty second small talks through the past two months he's been ordering has created some sort of friendship.

"Hey, man. I'm doin' good, it's been a while." smiled the red head.

"Yeah, I wasn't really feeling up to some coffee recently but then Zoey mentioned food and I got hungry."

"Ah, Zoey. She's a nice girl. Almost like my little sister. Ey' take care of her, alright? Don't break her heart, or else." Joe warned.

Macro's brows furrowed in confusion. Don't break her heart?

"Joe, what're you talking a-"

"Here's your order, man. Stay safe." Joe said, handing him the plastic and took off on his motorcycle.

Macro stood there by the door, watching as the guy disappear out of view. When he did, Macro just stayed there, standing still, staring into a space of nothingness.

He wondered why Joe would think that he and Zoey were together.

Probably because you call to Starbucks everyday just to speak to Zoey.

A part of him said.

Yes, that must be it.

Another part of him said, Well, I can't help it if she has a sweet voice and a unique personality, a nice laugh, an intellect higher than anyone's, a colorful vocabulary and a great sense of humor.

He grumbled under his breath. Stop thinking about Zoey. It's not very healthy.

Feeling the warm summer air kiss his skin took him back to his senses and closed the door.

He headed straight up to his room and opened the plastic. He couldn't wait to dig in, but couldn't wait even more to read Zoey's note.

The plastic bag contained his usual caramel macchiato and a nice warm bagel. He smiled, taking his cup and turning it to find the message.

Sure enough, there was a neat, cursive handwriting scribbled at the bottom half of the cup. He smiled unknowingly as his heart skipped a beat. Everytime he comes across something that involves Zoey, he feels this weird sensation inside him that he couldn't really put to words. But one thing's for sure; it was a nice feeling. A feeling he's never experienced before.