1 4 t h

Legend:

MACRO- Bold
ZOEY- Italic

Zoey hesitantly placed the phone down on the counter. Her heart pounding, her stomach churning, and her bladder about to explode.

That guy she's been talking to for almost a month is standing right across Starbucks.

She pushed the glass door open and crossed the street. If she could, she would've crossed it slower but then she thought she might get run over. Simple logic.

As she approached the boy in the navy blue polo shirt and some shorts that reached his knees, beads of sweat started rolling down her forehead. Suddenly, she felt so stupid for not taking off her employees' apron before facing him. She looked like a mess.

Well, there was no turning back now.

She stopped and tapped the boy on the shoulder, his back faced her. When he turned around, she was....surprised.

Well, it wasn't exactly the kind of face she expected...actually, he looked nothing like she expected.

Sure, he was tall. But he was skinny. A little too skinny. His hair was gelled neatly and....well...he wasn't precisely what you'd call...um, handsome.

But you know what they say; "Beauty is on the inside."

Zoey didn't judge. In fact, she was happy to see him for the first time.

"Hi," she greeted.

He smiled. "Hey." His voice didn't sound as deep like it was on the phone.

"Um, nice to see you."

He furrowed his brows. "You too?"

She chuckled "Well, you don't seem too thrilled. But I must say, it's a real pleasure to meet the perverted Slytherin boy in person. I guess you're still stuck with that image of me handing you a bloody napkin, huh?"

With those words, he looked at her weirdly and slowly started backing away and eventually broke out running.

She felt....well, she couldn't really explain how she felt. It was all a blur.

Then she had a funny feeling. A feeling as if...

And so Zoey ran back to Starbucks and picked up the phone. She knew it would be impossible that he would still be there but...

Hesitantly, nervously yet curiously, she said, "Hello?"

"Hey, Zoey."

"What the fuck just happened?"

"Hehehehehe."

"MACRO, TELL ME WHAT JUST HAPPENED RIGHT NOW OR I SWEAR I'LL CUT A BITCH."

"Um...don't get mad...but...heheh....it was a prank."

"...."

"....."

"......"

"......"

"......"

"......"

"......"

"....."

"A PRANK?!!?"

"Um...yes. I was only supposed to tell you to look outside and then when you see nothing, I'll say 'Gotcha' because you got me earlier and I wanted to get back at you so I tricked you into looking outside, but then you saw a guy, apparently, and thought it was me so I kinda just went along with it so....I'm sorry."

"MACRO!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EMBARRASSMENT THAT CAUSED ME?! THE GUY TOOK OFF RUNNING BECAUSE I MENTIONED THE 'BLOODY NAPKINS' THING! YOU'RE A COMPLETE ASS!"

"I know, I'm sorry, Zozo."

"Macro, you don't know how much I want to kill you right now but damn, I AM SO RELIEVED that that guy wasn't you. I mean, he looked like he saw a ghost! It's like he doesn't like me and that is so not you because you
love me."

"Umm...uh-I...I"

"Anyway, as much as I hate to say it....Ten points to Slytherin."

"Really??!?! OH YEAH BABY!!! TEN POINTS TO SLYTHERIN!!!"

Zoey chuckled at his behavior. She liked how he reacted so dramatically over little things. She thought it was...cute? No, cute is like calling someone tiny, and she pictures Macro as something FAR from tiny.

"But Macro?" she said sweetly, interrupting his little self celebration.

"Yeah?" he asked with so much eccentricity.

"Don't think you'll get away from this."

"Would never dream of it, Zozo."