Chapter 2

By now the three of us were downstairs in the kitchen searching the fridge for anything that we could devour.

"Hey Ruth, catch!" Christian said a few seconds before throwing a box of milk to Ruth.

"Christian you ass." I glanced to see Ruth drenched in chocolate milk.

"Great. Now I have to go take another shower." The brown liquid slowly dripping down her clothes.

Christian threw his head back and a chorus of laughter came out from him. I couldn't help but follow suite as his laughter was so addictive. I've always loved the way he laughs without caring what he sounded or looked like and the way he usually brushed his hair to the back after laughing.

She glared at us both and ran back up to take a shower leaving the two of us alone. I should be used to it by now, but I'm still as nervous as ever.

"Eliza"

I could feel the hair behind my neck stand. My tummy twisted like a tsunami was occurring inside. It's the name only he, Christian, would call me. He was not laughing anymore but was looking me with those eyes that made me want scream. It was just too beautiful.

"E-lie-zuh" he called out again. Snapping some senses into me.

"How about you cook some of your special pancakes for us?" His eyebrows rose suggestively/

"Why don't you make it on your own?" I groaned.

"It wouldn't be called special now, would it, if I made it".

I gave out a defeated sigh knowing I would never win this argument with him. He flashed me a smile, conscious that he had just won.

I prepared the batter slowly and cooked it on the pan while he closely watched me doing it. Surprisingly, in moments like this I didn't feel as self conscious as always. It felt calm and comfortable.

"When will you spill out your secret Eliza?" I stopped flipping the pancakes hearing this.

My mind went blank and could only afford to blink a few times before having the courage to ask him.

"Wha-What secret are we talking about here?" Had I been careless at hiding my feelings for him.

"You know, that secret" stressing out the word 'that' which made me feel really uneasy. I decided to play dumb and just gave him an unknowing look and continued cooking.

"I don't get you Christian".

He took a bite of the "special pancake" leaning against the counter and was quiet for some time. My heart dropped fearing that he had found out about my feelings. I stood there waiting for the worst.

He then looked up with the most serious looking face. His eyes caught mine. His voice was low.

"The secret about how you-" a moment of silence passed

"make the most amazing pancake in the world" his voice getting louder and excited.

Thank God. I breathed out a breath of relief. My blood was finally flowing back in my veins.

"I guess you'll never find out". Smiling at him

"Awe come on Eliza, you know you can trust me"

"The secret ingredient is-- to put a lot of love into it" I laughed at how his curious look instantly changed after listening to my answer.

"Is this your way of admitting that you love me?" he said smirking.

I panicked knowing I needed to put that thought out of his mind.

"You wish. Gwen!"

He shot me a glaring look pretending to be shocked.

"Oh no. You did not just call me Gwen"

"I just did. Gwen. G-w-e-n." I spelled each letter out slowly, taunting him.

He suddenly came closer with a bowl of whipped cream in his hand.

"Oh you're so gonna get it" My eyes widened in realization of what he was planning to do. He started chasing me around the kitchen splattering whipped cream everywhere.

I knew he hated his middle name and tried to hide it from everyone but I of course found out being his little sister's best friend. I knew exactly the effect it would have on him.

I ran around the kitchen screaming his name to piss him off more.

"Christian Gwen Fairfax" laughing hysterically.

We both stopped when Ruth came back down.

"What exactly happened here?" Ruth asked.

I was still chuckling and simply said Gwen and she grinned knowing what I meant. Christian scowled at the expression Ruth had on her face.

"Well you're lucky your middle name doesn't suck" he said.

Their parents named them according to their names respectively .George and Charlotte. They thought it was the most romantic idea to name their children according to the first alphabet of their names C and G. Which practically sums up why Christian's middle name is Gwen whereas Ruth's name was Gethruth Carleigh Fairfax.

"Don't be such a baby. Your name sounds perfectly fine. Gwen"

I couldn't hold it in anymore and started laughing again.