Twenty-eight

The soft bed was familiar against my bare skin. The brightness of the sun coming from the windows had awoken me this morning, but I wasn't complaining. It was lovely to hear the birds chirping and being in bed next to the one I love the most.

His curly chocolate hair was against his forehead from sweating in his sleep as my hands gently pushed the curls from his forehead as his eyelids fluttered open gently. His eyes stared into mine as he wrapped his arm around my body, pulling me closer to him.

"Last night was amazing," I said to him.

"Well, lets make the morning after even better," His voice is raspy as he speaks his words slowly with his accent clear. A smirk is covering his face as he pulls our bare bodies closer together and brings his full pink lips to meet mine.

****

"You play?"

"I do."

"Will you play me something?" I ask as he taps the piano bench beside him for me to sit at. His fingers move softly against the keys as the music coming from the piano sounds beautifully.

"Wise men say.. Only fools rush in. But, I can't help falling in love with you." He sings.

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love with you." His eyes meet mine.

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes. Somethings were meant to be. Take my-" He stops as roughly presses his lips against mine.

I smile against his lips as does he. "I love you." I say as I remove my lips from his.

"I love you, Anna."

****

The rest of the Saturday was spent with Liam and Grace as we all hung out at Harry's place until eventually it was time for the three of us to all go home and I dreaded it.

I loved spending time with Harry, I loved spending every waking minute with him, but I didn't want to be gone too long.

So once I arrived home around eight that night, I ate dinner with Jess and my parents as we all talked about Harry and school for a little while.

And after desert, Harry called and when I thought he was calling to tell me goodnight, I was wrong when I heard guilt clear in his voice as he told me he had something to tell me. 

My stomach had dropped at the tone in his voice that were saying these words to me. I was in shock, I was previously just speaking lovely about the man I loved the most and cared so much for to hear him say such devastating things to me.

"I don't even think we should be together anymore," He slurred.
"You're not anything I wanted."
"I changed my mind about you."

"Where are you, Harry?" I asked gently as the line went dead and so I had quickly ran up the stairs, put my shoes on and told my parents that I was running to Grace's house because she needed help with homework.

Once I got into my car, I rushed to Harry's house, nearly beat the door down until he finally opened the front door.

His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was messier than usual. His face was blushed. He was barefoot, but he was in his jeans and a white T-shirt.

"What's gotten into you?" I step in the house. 

"I don't want you in here." He pushes his hands against the door and looks down to his feet.

"Harry, are you drunk?" I ask, leaning towards him.

"Don't even fucking worry about it, Anna. You're going to be judge mental about it anyway." He rolls his bloodshot eyes as I follow him to the kitchen.

"I know you're not about to drink that in front of me." I say through my teeth as he pours the alcoholic beverage in a small class and his bloodshot eyes look me in the eyes and he swallows the liquid as I knock the whole bottle over.

"What the fuck, Anna!" He booms.

"That costed fucking money! Why did you do that?!" He shouts.

"Because look at the way it's making you act! Who are you?" I shout back.

"I-" he stops and literally drops to his knees in front of me as he grabs my hands.

"I did something I regret." He says.