Hi

Hi. My name is Taylor. My friends call me T. Well, my friends are all boys, expect for Louis. But she's not dramatic or girly like pretty much all of the girls in the area where we live are.

That's really cool, you know, how we're basically the only girls who don't care about their appearances in this little spot in Georgia.

I play softball. Almost all of my friends are boys, and I love food. As you may have guessed, I am a tomboy. This is why I don't have a boyfriend, which I'm cool with. I mean, the main reason I'm single is because guys just can't handle all of this awesomeness.

Anyway, I was sitting on my beanbag. So bored. I also have a really short attention span, by the way, oh my God, I'm so bored. I pulled out my phone -it's an iPhone 5s, by the way- and called Blake.

"Hey, what's up?" he answered.
"Blake, I'm dying, please save me," I moaned into my phone.
"You're bored?" he asked, and I could almost hear him raising his eyebrow.

"YESSSSSSSS." His laugh came through the other end of the line. "Don't laugh at me!" I whined.
"Okay, okay. Can I come to your house, or do you want to come to mine?"

"Can you pick me up? Yes, cool, hurry up," I commanded. He laughed again.
"Bye Blake," I said.
"Later, T."

I occupied myself by shoving my earbuds into my ears, listening to Usher, and grabbing a pillow, then running to the living room. I mashed my face into the pillow continuously while laying on the couch.

It was Saturday, and that was how I was spending my precious days of no school in March. Life sucks. It was still cold outside, too! Probably 42 degrees Fahrenheit. That's right, I need a sweatshirt or something.

I peeked at the table next to me, and smiled because my Dallas Cowboys sweatshirt is hanging off the side. I slid it on, then went back to mashing my face into the pillow.

I heard the door open, and Blake chuckling, then more laughter from about 4 other male voices and one more feminine voice.

"What are you doing?" laughed Caleb.
"What does it look like? I'm freaking bored!" I screamed at him, then ran over to Blake.

I jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist, hugging him tightly.
"You came to save me!" I exclaimed, hugging him.

Then I glanced over his shoulder at 4 more people, my best friends. Louis, Justin, Ryan, and Sam all stared back at me. Caleb is hispanic like me. Well actually, we were both born in America, but our families originated from there. We have brown hair.

Ryan and Justin's families originated from Africa, I think. Sam and Louis are just plain Americans, you know, they're white. Not trying to be racist, calm down people.

So yeah, we're a pretty good mixture of cultures and stuff. Ryan's hair is all puffy, and Justin has the best Afro ever.  Louis' hair is straight, and blonde. Sam's hair is coiffed, and more of a dirty blonde.

My hair is slightly wavy, dark brown, thick, but mostly just there, and pulled back in a ponytail. My hazel eyes lit up when I saw my other best friends. I dropped from Blake, and tackled them all. Well, I tackled two of them, and the other two fell just to satisfy me.

"Hello my best friends, how is your life going?! Mine sucks, but I'm still beast at sports!" I yelled, grinning. We all laughed on the floor, then I grunted because Blake plopped down on me.

"Look, Blake, I know that we're close friends and stuff, but my 5'7 self cannot-OW!" Caleb jumped on our dog pile, and I lost my breath completely. I gasped, elbowing Blake to let him know that I was basically dying under him.

Once he got my message, he was off of me in a heartbeat, landing backwards on Caleb in the process.
"Sorry, T." I laughed, which then turned more into a cough.

He patted my back, and Caleb joined us in helping our other friends up.
"How did you get everybody to get over here so fast?" I asked Blake, talking about how quickly he got here with 6 other human beings.

We're in the 20th century. Well, we are all 17, so we have a little more slack that's cut by our parents, and my mom was at work. But STILL. Yeah, my mom died of breast cancer. Not something I like to talk about.

"We're you're best friends in the world! How could we not get here fast enough to save you from your worst enemy, Boredness...." Justin said dramatically.

I laughed, patting his Afro, letting my hand bounce off of his hair. He smacks my hand away. He doesn't like it when people do that. I smirked, and poked it, my finger going slightly through.

An idea popped right into my head, and my eyes widened. I ran to Blake's car, scrambling to get into the passenger seat. I yelled out of the opened window, "HURRY UP, WHAT ARE YOU, SNAILS?!"

They all raised their eyebrows at each other, but quickly made their ways to the silver car. A moving truck pulled up behind us, and stopped beside the house next to mine.

That house has been vacant for, like, 3 years. Another car drives and stops next to us, and a teenage boy who looks the same age as us, steps out. His skin made me think that he's Hispanic.

He noticed us. I mean, I guess it would be hard not to notice 4 teenagers getting in a car, and the other 3 climbing on the top of it because there's not enough space for all of us.

That's our policy, 3 ride on top, and the others are in. We all are in the same neighborhood, which is pretty cool, and helpful. If we went on the road like this, we would definitely get in a lot of trouble.

He raised one eyebrow at Justin, Ryan, and Sam who are on top of the car at the moment. I sighed. Looked like we wouldn't be getting to Blake's house as fast as I want to.

I stepped out of the car. Making friends is super fun for me. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. I just do.

I walked up to him, and shook his hand. He was probably, like, 6'2 or something. He wasn't super muscular, but he had got muscles, most definitely.

"I'm Taylor, and I'm 17. How's life?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.
"Life's alright, and uh, I'm 17 too. My name's Hunter," he said. My eyes widened.
"Holy crap, that name is so cool," I said.

And I meant it. I don't really like lying, so....

He shrugged, tucking his hands into the front pockets of his dark jeans. I sensed the presence of my 5 best friends behind me.

"This is Louis, Ryan, Justin, Sam, Caleb, and Blake," I said, looking back at him. "We're all 17."
"That's cool, um, I'm just moving in here, so who's house is that?" he asked, pointing to my house.
"Mine."
"Amazing, now I get to annoy you night and day."

I rolled my eyes.
"Want to come with us? We're going to Blake's house," I offer, "and I'll get on top. Louis will too, and, um, you, Sam, will be getting in the car," I said.

"Awwwwww...." Sam whined. "I wanted to be on top," he pouted.
"Go home, Sam," I shook my head, and laughed. All of us cracked up.

We all piled in/on the car, and drove to Blake's house, with a new addition to our group.

***
This is the story I was talking about in my other book! Um, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Aaliyah, and I have written one completed book, and am working on other story at the moment. I hope you like this first chapter, although some of the stuff from The Boy Through the Window is in here, too. Well, I have nothing else to say, so bye!

VOTE
COMMENT
BE AWESOME