The Proposal

(Alex's POV)

As I continue walking down the aisle, a music begin to be played through a piano. One by one, my officemates came out with a piece of white rose in their hands. As I passed by them, they give me the white roses.

"Ano bang nangyayari dito? Ano bang meron? Hindi ko naiintindihan to?", isip ko.

What made me even confused was seeing my bestfriend and Zach's bestfriend in front holding cards stating "Welcome Princess!". Suddenly, a voice sang with the music. A voice that I knew deep in my heart was too familiar.

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

What's going on in that beautiful mind

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, ohoh

Then the song continue playing with the use of the piano but in a smooth and low sound. I heard the voice again but no longer singing the song. Instead, may iba itong sinasabi that made my eyes cry that seems like a thousand tears. It was him, my man, my prince, my Zach. He walked towards where I am standing and hand me a bouquet of my favorite white roses.

"Hon, I'm sorry for having spent a little time with you these past few days, well I don't really know how long it took. Actually, I'm kind'a preparing for this. Ang hirap magtago sayo e. So I asked for help from our dearest friends and co-employees. To start with, happy anniversary sa atin. I'm so happy that we've come this far and I am looking forward to spending some more time with you. Throuh ups and down of our relationship, we always choose to stay together. Never naging option sa atin ang salitang hiwalay. At ngayon, lalo kong hindi yun bibigyan ng pagkakataon because all I wanted now is to stay with you every single moment of your life. I want to spend my whole lifetime with you. To share and create memories that we will both treasure. Punuin ang ating tahanan ng mga makukulit na tsikiting. (which made everyone laugh) I want to grow old with you Alessandra De Dios. So, now, if you may (as he bended down to his knee and brought out a box with the ring with a diamond in it), I wanted to marry you. Do you feel the same way?", he tearfully confessed.

Burst of emotions were all over me. Hindi ko alam kung papano ako magre-react sa lahat ng mga narinig ko. My knees were shaking, seems like I'm going to fall any moment. Everyone's shouting "Say YES Alex. Say YES!". And then...

"Zach, my man, my prince, the love of my life. I have no reason not to accept your proposal. So, YES, I want to marry you too", I answered as tears keep falling down my eyes. And everyone rejoiced after I say the word.

And Zach placed the ring on my finger. After that, he wiped the tears in my eyes, binuhat nya ako at inikot sa sobrang kasayahan nya. And when he puts me down, niyakap nya ako nang mahigpit.

"You don't know how happy I am Alex. I can't explain how happy I really am now. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!", he said.

"Isang kiss naman dyan from the newly engaged!", sigaw ni Lena and everyone agreed to her.

Kumalas sa pagkakayakap nya sa akin si Zach. He looked me deeply into my eyes. I see pure love and sincerity.

"I love you my princess!", he said.

"I love you too my prince!", I answered back and he cut the distance between us and gave me the sweetest kiss he could give for that very special moment. And again, everyone shouted and cheered for us.

"Let the party begin!", Zach shouted.

"Wooooh", the guests answered at napalitan ang tugtog from a sweet song into the famous lively songs of this generation. Everyone made their way down the dance floor. Lena and Nick pushed us through kaya napunta na rin kami sa dance floor. Sumayaw kami ng sumayaw. Sobrang saya ng nararamdaman ko. Maya maya lang ay napalitan ang tugtog ng isang sweet dance. Syempre, kami ni Zach ang partners while our bestfriends, silang dalawa naman. I still guess kung ano bang mangyayari sa dalawang 'to. We'll never know when cupid would struck his arrows of love.