Chapter 12

The weekend had gone by so quickly than expected. I didn't hear from Allen. No calls or messages.
Just as promised, I had taken Testa to the park to make new friends.

Now here I am in class waiting for my turn of our personal presentation.

Nicolette Ducasse was up. Very shy and reserved. She moved to the front of the class placing her pink portfolio on the table and took a deep breath. She was quite nervous.
Looking at us, she tucks her hair behind her ear and stop her slender golden frame of her glasses from falling.

"Hey" She waves slightly at the class then searched through her portfolio.
She briefed the class about how a baby's mind functions.

"So I think we now understand how every baby's mind works now. Thank you."

"Well done Miss Ducasse, you can take your seat. Mr Harper lets hear yours."

"Mr inspiration is basket ball. I went to a basket ball camp and they made us practice six times a day. Here is a picture of Cole Lee cause I wanna be like him. Thank you."
"Thank you too, Mr Harper. You are up Roosevelt Scott."

Kerley chuckled and I looked at her direction. Our eyes met and she smiled at me or so I thought.

"Roosevelt??" Manet looked up at her surprised. "You've got something to present?"
"Trust me girl." She winked at Lewis before walking to the front of the class.

"I'd start my presentation on applying eye makeup by showing a practical aspect of it. This isca mascara I have in hand."

"This can't be!" I looked at Kerley. "That's my presentation!" I whispered.
"It couldn't be that she stole it, could it?"
"You know she's capable of doing anything."

"Its an important tool for applying makeup for women and even some men. The mascara often makes the eyes much deeper and more detailed, completing the look most ladies may be striving for and..."

"That's mine. She stole it! Little thief."
"Make her pay." Kerley eyed her.
"Exactly what I plan girl."

Without thinking much, I stood up and walked to her side and snatched the piece of paper from her hand.

"Miss Ginsbury. What are you doing? Its not your turn."

"I'm sorry but this big snotty thief here stole my presentation."
"Mind your language in my presents.!
"I'm sorry." I took a look at the sheet. It was mine.
"You can take take a look at this. Its my name."

I handed it over to her and she read it.
"Miss Scott, how do you explain this to the whole class?"
" I don't owe anyone any stupid explanations. I have every right to steal from anyone at all and she deserves to be stolen from. Now if you'd excuse my I want to return to my seat."

Mrs MacAuthur stood open mouth. Staring at her, she grabbed her bag and walked out off the class without a word.

The class was silent. Nobody was ready to confront her as usual.
Then someone in a hoodie walked past me towards the entrance of the class.
Allen?
It was him. His perfume.
He was in the class the whole time? But how?

"What is wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." Kelsey looked concerned.
"No. I'll be right back."

This might be the only chance I have to explain things to him. I walked out of the class to catch up with him but he was far gone. I followed him until he entered the court room.

It took several minutes before I entered. He was already shooting baskets. He was looking ravishing from afar and I watched him. There was something on his mind so he wasn't concentrating. His was missing the basket.

"Want to play?" He asked.
How did he know I was there. He was still shooting.
I stared at him as he came to me.

"Are you here to play?" He stood inches away from me.

"No"
"Then walk out as quietly as you came in."
"Allen.." I tried holding his hand but he quickly swung it away.
"I'm sorry. I should have told you about Chri.."
"I don't care about what you should have done or shouldn't have. Its not important to me any more. Stay away from me." He looked into my face before walking away.

"Allen listen to me. You are wrong." He kept walking away from me.
"I'm not dating him!"
He finally stops.
"He's my ex and Testa doesn't know about because she has been away for a while now."

"I don't care."
"Trust me. I am telling you the truth."
"Why are you trying to explain yourself when I don't want to listen to anything that comes from you, huh? Just stay away."

"If it's what you want. Sure, I'll stay away"
I walked out of the room back to class.

--------------

"What is wrong with you Taylor. You have't been yourself since you came to the class."
"I'm fine."
"Oh please. You and I know it's not true. What I eating you up?"
She sat up.
"Has Allen got something to do about this?"
I looked at her sharply.
"What happened? Come on stop staring at me already and tell me."

"Kerl.."

Someone clears her throat and we both look up.
"You don't have any shame, do you?" Kerley spoke up quickly. "Didn't your mama teach you to respect others privacy?"

"Pri- what? Oh spare my that."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What do I want, what do I want?"
She laughed looking between her girls and then back to me.
"I want you, Taylor whatever your surname is to stay away from my boyfriend. He is mine or no one else's."

"Is that all to you want? Well you have him." I get up from my seat. "Now Kerl please get me out of here before I get sick!"
"Yhh sure."