Chapter 10

"Taylor, you are gonna tell me exactly what is going on between you two right now." Kerlly pulled her chair to face me. "Right now!"
"Wow Kerl, just keep it cool. I will tell. Now I have to finish my lunch."
"Not again. You have been giving excuses since morning. You are not getting away with it this time."
"Okay, I like him."
"Huh? Just like?"
"What do you mean just like?"
"I expect to hear something more than like."
"Kerl, its all you are gonna hear from me okay."
"Alright then, I will seek my answers from him."

She grabbed her backpack and stood.
"I will be right back."
What was she going to do? Goodness this girl is something else.
"No wait! Kerlly please wait."
Now everyone in the cafeteria was staring at us.
"Please come and sit."
"Why is that?" She pouted, hands crossed over her chest.

"Please dont go to him. He would think we have been talking about him."
"And so..."
"You win. What do you want to know?"
"Have you fallen for him?"

The bell rang for the next period and people started moving out of the cafeteria.
"No! Come on Kerl, no."
"The expression on your face says a different story."
"I don't really think its true. Come on lets get to class. We wouldn't want to be late."
"This is not over yet."

As we settled in our seats, Mrs MacArthur walked in.
"We were almost last to her class." I whispered to Kerley.
"Our stars are at work." She winked at me.

"Good afternoon class."

"Good afternoon" We responded.
"Now everyone get settled so we begin today's work. We'll be discussing about books today. Before I begin, who is absent?" She asked looking around the class.
"Mr Anderson.....where is he?"
Everybody was silent.

"My question was thrown directly to Mr Harper since Mr Anderson is his right hand man."
"He's my left not right."
The class burst out in laughter.
"I see. That explains why Mr Harper is left handed."
Everyone laughed again.

"Alright class. Back to business. So, we all know what books are and their importance. Am I right?"
We all responded. "Yes."
I guess not all responded. I didn't even hear Kerley who was right beside me.

"Lovely. Now who can tell me the author of the popular book Romeo and Juliet?" She turned to right something on the board.
"Shakespeare"
"Excellent class. Now who can say something brief about him? He is the study point for today's lesson."

What? Shakespeare?
The last time I checked I was in an English period not Literature.

Mrs MacArthur talked for the next two hours. As usual many people were not paying attention. I think everyone was waiting for the only thing that is going to put an end to this period, the bell!

In no time, the bell went. Saved by the bell.
"Have a nice day class."
She walked out.

--------------------

"Allen?" I closed my locker only to find him leaning on the next beside mine.
"Ready to go home?"
"You want to take me home? Where have you been all day?"
"Yes. Home."
"I'm I the reason you came back here?"

"Too many questions Taylor and yes. You are the reason I'm here."
He took my hand in his. "I missed you."
"No I'm fine."
"I still insist you come with me. I don't mind dropping you at your house."
"Allen, I'll be fine on my own thank you."

"Are you hiding something from me?" He came closer. Very close.
"What? No! How can you think of something like that?"
"Then why don't you want to come with me?" He looked into my face. "If its about yesterday, well I'm sorry. I never realized I hurt you. But I..."

"Shut up already. This hasn't gotten anything to do with yesterday. I'm not upset with you okay. I just want to go alone."
"I wouldn't force you into coming with me. See you around." He turned to leave. A sad expression on his face.
He had just walked away without saying much.

Hurting him was the last thing on my mind. In a way he was special to me and I didn't even know why.
I wanted to follow him but he was already out of sight.
Following him was also going to mean I have a thing for him and I didn't want to raise his hopes.

Before I noticed what I was doing, I called out to him.
"Allen wait!"

I followed him. I run after him. When I saw him stop and turn o look at me, I stop also.
"Did you say something?"
"I'll come along."
"Uhuh?" He raised his brows.
"I'm sorry."
The smile that played in his face got my heart turning over. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand.
"I knew you were going to run after me" He squeezed my hand slightly.
We walked hand in hand towards his car. He said something I missed and smiled to himself.

My mom's car was packed outside as usual. Allen walked me to the door.
I pressed the doorbell several times and nobody come.
"I can take you to my house if nobody is home. We could do Alot of things together you know."
"Please don't think dirty already. Its not good for your health. Besides...."

"Tyler!" Testa shouted out smiling happily.
"Testa?? What are you doing here?"
I was surprised to see her. I had totally forgotten about her arrival.
"You're not smiling. Ain't you happy to see. Didn't you miss me, Tyler?"

"Of course I missed you honey." I hugged her.
"I'm happy you are back."
"Tyler, who is that? Is he your new boyfriend?"
"Oh" I had forgotten all about Allen. "Testa, he is a friend from school."
"Hi"Testa waved at him.
"Hello cupcake" Allen squatted to be at level with her.
"Tyler's boyfriend called me Cupcake too"
"Boyfriend?"
"Yes. You don't know about him.I like you. Tyler has alot of friends and I like them all especially Chris.

I froze.

"Chris?" He looked at me confused. I opened my mouth to reply but Testa was fast.

"They love each other and Tyler kisses him alot."
"That's enough. Go to your room now." I shouted loudly.

"But we are not done talking." she looked up at me.
"What's going on?"
That was my mom.
"We are fine mom."

Testa run upstairs and I turned to speak to Allen but he beat me to it.
"I have to be on my way now. See you."
I nodded. "Thanks for the ride."
"My pleasure."
And he was gone.