Chapter 8

She was unbearable!
I glare at her.
I could feel myself losing it but Kerley held unto my hand.
Roosevelt stands inches from me. Her hands crossed. A smirk playing on her lips. This is what she wants. To humiliate me. To make a fool of myself but I wouldn't give her the chance.

Just then Allen walks into the class. His eyes widen when he sees what is happening. He reaches over to me but immediately Roosevelt stands in his way and he pushed her aside.
I glare at him.

"What is going on here?" Allen rounds his arms around me and looks at my face for answers.
He stares hard at Roosevelt.
"Its nothing." I say after a few minutes and Kerley pulls on my hand.

She's only trying to get at me. I tell myself. I take my seat and pull my desk back to place. I wasn't going to fall for her. I couldn't get myself into trouble just because of her.
"Allen..." She tried touching him but he was fast to grab her by the arm.

"What's wrong with you, huh? Why do you always get yourself involved in everyone's life?"
"You are hurting my arm baby.."

"Stay out of her life, you got it?"
"what do you care? Let go off me!"
She tried setting herself from his grip but he was too strong.
Hurt was drawn all over Roosevelt face but he wouldn't let go.

"I will never repeat this to you again. I hope you take my advice." Allen narrowed his eyes at her.

"You don't tell me what to do!" She spat out.
I placed a hand on his shoulder. And he looks at me. Concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine. Please let her go." I pleaded, looking into his eyes, trying to tell him I was okay but the expression on his face was firm and unreadable.
"Please...."

He let her go almost throwing her to the floor but her 'disciples' were right behind her. They caught hold of her before she fell.

"This is not over bitch!" Roosevelt said immediately she gained her balance. "You'll regret ever crossing my path. I'm sorry you've messed with the wrong person. And with that dickhead," She laughed pointing at Allen.

"Come on lets get you out of here." Allen grabbed my backpack and held me firmly by the hand. Before I knew what he was doing, he was pulling me out of the class.
I turned to look at Kerley but she only nodded.
"He's only using you to get back at me!"
I heard her say before we walked out of the class.

----------------
"Where are you taking me?"
"Out of here."
"Out of here? Where to?"

He didn't say a word. He kept walking slightly ahead of me. I looked down at here his hand was pulling mine and to here my backpack hugged on his other shoulder.

Before I realized, we were heading towards the parking lot.
Where was he taking me?
"Allen?!"

He stopped and turned to me.
"Trust me okay, I'm not going to hurt you." He looked down at me searching my face for an answer. I didn't know if I trusted him. I looked up at him. His face was expressionless and slightly flushed red.

"Come on. Will you trust me on this?" He raised a brow.
"I trust you." I smiled and he smiled back at me.
"Lets move it then."

---------------------
Allen's POV

"It hurts so much to know that the person you love plays with you heart like it were some piece of shit." I forced a smile. " I did love her. So much. And it hurt that she cheated on me with my closest friend."

The pain gnaws my heart everytime I remembered. I really loved her so I was affected. I cried.
I never talked to anyone about how I felt. I missed school for a month. I tried my best to stay away from her life.

I bottled up my feelings to myself and here I am spilling it all out to Taylor out of all people.
"Its all right."
She said soothing my back a little. I think she knew exactly how I felt.
She hugged me trying to comfort me. I didn't hug her back. I hated it felt pity for me. I am though.

She pulled away from me to look at my face. I noticed her eyes were red.
Was she crying ?

Gosh! I didn't remember the last time I saw someone cry because of me.
Did what I say hit a nerve or she actually felt sorry for me?

"I'm sorry for rambling to you about my..." he paused then looked away. "About my ex. She's not worth it."
She nodded and I watched as she tried to smile.

"I'm really sorry if what I said touched a nerve." I cupped her face in my hands. "I promise never to make you cry again."

Wow! Was that a promise?
I don't remember the last time I made any promises.

"It's alright, I'm good. I must look like hell right now." She laughed .

"Alright. Lets do something more exciting." I reached for the radio dail and went through.
"I can't believe I did this to you."
"Did what?"

"Make you skip school to spend sometime with you. I'm sorry but I really do enjoy being around you, Taylor."
"You did it on purpose?"

My eyes widen in shock. "No! I had brought you out here so you could forget about this afternoon." He looked at me. "I'm truly sorry."
"Its fine. I love it here. Thank you."
"Now may I take the honour of having a dance with you?"
Before I knew what he was doing, he was at my side of the car opening my door.