Chapter Seven

The match was interesting, to say the least. Spanish champions versus English champions and it was so even, the defence and attack of both teams was absolutely balanced but that didn't take away from Dani, Marc, Neymar and Suarez falling flat on their faces alongside Hazard, Diego Costa, Remy and Willian. I had the pleasures of assissting Willian, Costa, Harzard and Marc... I didn't really feel like coming face to face with Dani and Neymar. On the pitch, I could see they were trying their best to avoid me though once when Willian fell to the floor from Neymar's tackle, he gave me a sorry look but I shook it off.

All of the footballers I've ever met (which is two clubs' worth) are so nice! They know how to joke, they're friendly and don't keep hard feelings outside of the pitch. In the end, Barcelona lost to Chelsea with penalties and Camp Nou was on fire, not a single voice accepting the loss, they were treating their team with such support it felt like Barca won the Champions league all over again. We all walked off the pitch to the sound of FCB fans singing and chanting. It was something amazing. I was one of the last people off and Sabrina made it her mission to catch up with me.

"Hey..are you.. okay?" she hesitated a while "I-I mean you looked shaken up earlier," she tried to catch up with my speed-walking. And eventually she had enough of it and tugged my arm making me halt. "I'm trying to apologise!" she threw her hands up in to the air in frustration and I just gave her a blank look.

"I'm not the one you should apologise to, but I don't want to be friends with someone who'd even be so stereotypically inconsiderate, I'm not mad at you, Sabrina... I just don't like you," I turned and resumed my walking. Everyone was in the changing rooms and I heard my name being called down the hall so I turned to see a confused looking Oscar standing there.

"Erika! I'm so glad I found you! I have a little problem.." his face flushed pink and he looked embarrassed.

"Uh- what's up?" I raise an eyebrow and he scratches his neck.

"I'm a little lost... can you help me find a way out?" he laughed and I broke a smile. He's actually being serious right now! a 23 year old man is lost at a football stadium! he of all people should know how these places work! AHAHA oh, what a classic!! I nodded for him to follow me and he did like a little puppy. It was quite sweet, actually. He seems like a really great person to be around. "Eri, can you also drive me to a car rental? I need one for the two months I'll be staying here," his eyes saddened like he was longing and heartbroken, my chest tightened and I couldn't say no.

"Is everything alright?" I placed my hand on his shoulder like I've known him for years even though its been about three and a half hours.

"Um, yeah... yeah it's cool, should we go? Rental place closes at seven," he flicked his wristwatch and I nodded. I signed out of the Log Book and threw the receptionist the keys to the merchandise shop he was going to manage and I walked out of Camp Nou side by side with a devastated looking Oscar.

I drove Oscar to the dealership and he thanked me. We switched numbers to keep in contact and I left. Going home was the best part of my day yet I feel like I forgot to do something, like something was wrong.

Walking into my apartment and passing out on the sofa sounded just about right and that was what I did without the intention so when my doorbell started going crazy at 20:37pm, I woke up ballistically falling off the sofa and scrambling to get up always finding a way to slip and fall again so I crawled to the door, then stood up, and opened it to see a distressed Neymar who made no hesitation and walked right inside without asking.

"Hi, nice to see you too Neymar! Please, come in!" I sarcastically tormented him.

"No, Oscar is my best friend! he is my MARRIED best friend! He has a wife: Ludy, and a one year old daughter: Julia! He has made a commitment to his family and it's my job to make sure he doesn't fuck up what he has because he's so incredibly lucky and I don't care that you're charming and nice and sexy but YOU need to stay the hell away from him because I've known you, a week, Oscar has been like a brother to me for much longer than a week! Do you hear me, Erika?! Don't be that girl!" he completely yelled and was going crazy at me and I had no idea what was going on, I couldn't catch on to what he was saying, he was going so fast zooming through it all and now he was just staring at me.

"Neymar... I have no idea what you're talking about..." I trailed and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I heard you left the Camp with him getting into your car?" he didn't sound so sure of whatever he was saying earlier.

"Wow, Neymar. I only drove him to the car dealership! he needs to rent a car and asked to carpool! I am perfectly aware that he is married, but I wasn't aware that you thought of me as a whore.." I looked away from him.

"No, I didn't mean that, Rika.. shit! I'm sorry Erika! I just care for Oscar and he's going through a tough time and I have to get rid of all possibilities he'd cheat on Ludy," he made his way into my eyes again... or did I just could help not looking at him?

"Should I be flattered? If Oscar wants to have sex with someone, he's going to have sex with someone but you should know that I'm not that person.. I'm not a home wrecker," I stared right through him and saw how uncomfortable he was right now.

"I'm sorry, I was just being stupid. Look, me, Oscar and a few others are going to the club soon, you wanna come? It'll be really fun," he looked hopeful but I didn't really want to go. If that was the case then explain to me why an hour later I'm in heels, a skimpy black dress in the middle of a club?

The music was making my eardrums bleed and I just really wanted to take these heels off so what I did was sit at the bar texting a few friends whilst the guys were lost in a whirlwind of people all intoxicated and extremely sexually frustrated.

A tap on the shoulder made me jump and I turned to see the last person I would expect here.

"Ian!" I pretended to look joyfully surprised even though I'm embarrassed he's witnessing me in this dress right now.

"Hey! wow look at you, you're gorgeous!" he winked "come dance," I didn't have time to agree or disagree, he already had my hand in his as we danced along to the music. I don't know how people dance in clubs, I've never been to one.

But I was so stiff, I couldn't let loose at all with Ian. He made me self conscious so I excused myself and was on my way to the bathroom when suddenly Oscar stumbled upon me.

"Hey! Erikaaaa.." he slurred and I could tell he was drunk... battered.

"Oscar.. do you wanna sit down?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, no, see I can stand on my own," and he tripped over a shoe lace falling right at me. "oops," he kept his body weight on me.

"Oh great." I sighed. "Okay sit here, I'll go find Neymar, yes?" I asked and he waved a hand collapsing on the table. I squeezed past bodies surrounding me to find Neymar chilling with Dani and a bunch of teenage looking girls fawning over them. "Neymar," I got his attention and he suddenly stood up shoving the girls' hands off him.

"H-hey," he awkwardly smiled.

"Listen Oscar is passed out drunk, we need to take him to his hotel," I ordered and he nodded like my own personal puppet and rushed to find Oscar leaving three of the teenage girls giving me dirty looks but I shrugged it off and went  back to mission: save Oscar.