27: Does it matter?

~Grace~

I paced back and forth in my room. It was past midnight and my eyes are burning, yet I couldn't get myself to rest.

I'll be moving in with Tyler.

I wanted to call Emma, but I know better than waking her up in the middle of the night. I ran up to my father's office, and searched for Tyler's number. At least he won't murder me if I woke him up.

~Tyler~

"Hello?" I asked rather than greeted.

"Hey, Tyler. It's Grace. Sorry I woke you up," I heard her inhale but didn't give her the chance to speak.

"Is everything okay, Grace? It's 3 am," I asked, biting my lower lip. It's very unusual to get a call in the wee hours. Let alone Grace.

"No, no, everything's okay. Sorry, I just..." I heard her sigh again. "I wanted someone to talk to, you were the best only one I know who wouldn't't shoot me if I called you."

"Always free for you, Grace," I smiled, cheeks flushing.

My mate thought of me in the middle of the night

I felt the presence of my wolf and I heard his hoarse voice 'whipped'

"I thought about moving in with you," she blurted out.

Having my full attention, I encouraged her to go on.

"Well, if you wanna know more look out the window," I felt her smirk as I made my way to peep through my window.

I saw her. Grace.

"Oh, my..." I trailed off, laughing. "What." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Come down," she said, excitedly.

"Gimme a minute," I said as I wore proper clothes.

When I went downstairs, slowly, making sure I don't wake any of the pack members. Grace was in black leggings, black top and black leather jacket and black pumps.

"I though guys should be the ones outside the girl's window. Not the other way around," I said.

She scoffed, "does it matter?" 

I shrugged.

"Anyways, I talked to my parents and they said its up to me," her grey eyes bore into mine, "and I don't see why not."

She mirrored my smile of relief.

"But, just like you said,  we only act as mates in front of the pack. Let's just stay friends, okay?"

And she's back to being Grace again. So I nodded.

After a long period of silence, she talked.

"I'm hungry."

And we busted out laughing. Who gets hungry at 3 in the morning?

"There's this grocery store that's open for 24 hours, wanna go?"

She shrugged an agreement before we rode off.

---

After gathering snack and entering the car, we silently munched our food. The sun was rising already, burning the autumn clouds. The sky looked crispy, showing shades of orange and pink.

"Won't your parents be worried?" I asked.

She shook her head, "I left them a note; saying I'm safe with my mate. Not kidnapped."

I softly chuckled.

Safe. Mate.

Her eyes held glitter that shined like stars.

Did I melt her iron eyes?

Am I the cause of the beautiful smile drawn perfectly on her lips?

I involuntarily planted a small kiss on her cheek, causing her breath to hitch. Her cheeks were tinted red as she shook a thought away. I pressed my lips on her chin again, causing her eyes to widen.

"Tyler, stop," she whispered weakly.

I stared at her as she looked blankly at the morning sky.

I purposely pressured my lips over hers. One simple gesture, thousand small feelings spoken.

I lost patience. I can't wait anymore.

~~~

A/N
Will u stay happy the next chapter?
Just wait until I update to knowwwwwww.
Catch up with ya later beautiess!
Vote&Comments mean a lot <3

-Reema