26: Let me go.

~Tyler~

Goodbye. A simple two syllubus words that can cut deep, it can only be healed by saying hello to the same person you said goodbye to.

But in my case, I don't think I'll get to come face to face with Grace anymore.

All I'd get to keep are the precious memoried of her voice when she called out my name. When she directly looked at me. When I got to wrap myself around her.

---

Three days later and whenever she catches a glimpse of me, she'd look away. As if I hurt her eyes.

So we're back to nothing.

Like she wasn't almost raped. And I hadn't saved her.

Like my wolf never surfaced. And she didn't calm me.

Like nothing ever happened.

Is it because I'm not good enough?

Is it because I'm a cheap, worthless heartbreaker?

~Grace~

I can't get him out of my head.

Curse you mate bond, curse you Tyler for not accepting my rejection.

There's only one way.

"Meet me in the library" I folded the paper and handed it to him in the cafeteria.

---

The library was empty, unless you count the 5 students and the librarian. I waited for Tyler and within moments, we were sitting face to face awkwardly.

"Look, Tyler," I started. "I know its hard for you to accept the rejection, but I'm suffering as much as you are. Its literally driving me crazy. Its simple, they're just words. Accept it, please," I pleaded.

"Just words?" He snarled. "If rejection were just words then pain is just hurt."

I gaped at him. He got me, fine. I didn't know what to say.

"No," he shook his head. "I won't reject you. Never. Let's just wait until you fall. I waited for you 5 years, Grace. I don't mind waiting another 5."

"But I don't want to wait, Tyler. I mind. I don't want to fall, unwillingly. Just accept the rejection get it over!" I cursed under my breath.

His response made me want to kill him.

He just shook his head.

"Tyler, stop being so stubborn!" I snapped.

"No, you stop being stubborn," he sighed in frustration.

"You can't make me fall for you!" I banged the table in frustration.

"I can't, the mate bond can!" He raised his voice slightly.

The librarian snapped, scolding us for being too loud.

"I don't want the mate bond, that's the point!" I cursed again. "Just...accept the rejection, please."

His eyes softened, "I can't, Grace, sorry. Do it for the pack at least. Think of it; a pack without a Luna. Come and stay with me in the pack. Act like actual mates in front of the pack, and when they're out of sights, do whatever you want. Please."

I folded my arms, "accept my rejection and I'll think about it."

I know I have feelings for him. But I won't surrender to my feelings. Not that easily. I believe that if I just fell, I'd lose my dignity. Like crumbling the wall I built, and writhing the wall is my dignity. I won't give myself up to my feelings for a person, specially if I used to hate that person.

I know it seems selfish, but it is what it is.

"Reject you then let you live with me? Allowing my wolf to suffer, then get to see you everyday? My wolf will haunt me with guilt. I'd never do that." He shook his head. "Move in, help me with the pack work. Act like mates when pack members are around, act like strangers when there's on one, simple as that."

"But what if the mate bond-"

"We'll deal with the bond when it gets intense." He stopped me. "Besides, with your Alpha blood and Luna qualities, it'll be easier for you to resist. You're strong. You can fight the mate bond."

If only you knew the affect mate bond has on me

I smiled and blushed. Flattered by his compliment.

If you only knew the affect you have on me.

He mirrored my smile and got a strong grip of my hand, causing electricity to shoot through my wrist.

"Feel the shocks?" He asked.

I nodded, still in a trance.

"This is the mate bond," he whispered. "Its beautiful. Shame I won't feel it," and then his smile vanished, and he snatched his hand away, leaving sparks, but taking away the warmth. I was rooted in my place.

"I-I have to go, I'll think about it," I cleared my throat.

"Yeah, uh-okay," he ruffled his hair nervously, "and Grace? Consider the moving in thing, at least for the pack."

I nodded and left, sighing in relief as I stepped out of the library.

---

"Mum?" I called out as I entered home.

I heard the clanks of the dishes gesturing she was in the kitchen.

She started questioning as soon as she saw me in the kitchen, "where were you? You're late, I was worried!"

"I'm sorry, I was with Tyler."

"Oh, your mate?" She smiled warmly. "I like him. I have never seen someone look at the other with so much passion."

I rolled my eyes, but remembered we were supposed to be in love, so I smiled.

"About that, um, mum..I have a question," I sucked in a breath. "My and Tyler were thinking about me moving into the pack house."

I gave her a moment to think about her decision, then she nodded slowly and said, "whatever you'll be doing, just know that your father and I will support you in every step, honey."

Just then, my father stepped in and when I told him, he hugged me and agreed.

So, it' set.

I am moving in with Tyler.

~~~
A/N

YYAAAASSSSSS.
hope everything goes well between them *smirks*
Oh, well. Vote and comment.
Farewell, my friends! (Until next update. I won't disappear for good. You're not getting rid of me this easily. Lol.)

-Reema