Chapter 5: Surprise!

Beginne am Anfang

"I want them to be surprised."

"Ok. Let's go."

Finn and Rachel decided to go down memory lane, and visit places that they went to during their junior year at McKinley with the New Directions.

The first thing was take a walk through Central Park. Then they made their way to the Brooklyn Bridge, where they had met up two years ago for their "work" date to talk about the songs for Nationals.

"Do you remember junior year being here?"

"Oh, course this is where we met up for a "work" date. You looked so handsome in your suit. I was so happy."

"You looked beautiful and still do."

"Thanks, Finn. Where do you want to go next?"

"Let's go to Times Square."

"Ok, let's go" Rachel and Finn started to Times Square.

When they got there, they ran into Shelby with a sleeping Beth in a stroller. "Rachel?"

"Shelby!" Rachel ran and hugged Shelby.

"How was the audition?"

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't call. I got a call back."

"Oh, no problem. That is so exciting." Shelby suddenly noticed Finn, "Oh, Hey Finn! I didn't notice you."

"Hi Shelby. Beth is getting big." Finn said seeing to sleeping kid in the stroller.

"I know. Time is flying by fast. How are you?" Shelby asked.

"I'm good. I've started classes at the University of Lima. Also I've been working with the New Directions with Mr. Schue."

"That sounds great. So, what are doing here?" Shelby asked slightly confused.

"Oh, I came to see how Rachel with her call back. But she doesn't need my help. But, because I'm come I decided to stay for the weekend. I've missed Rachel. So I'm happy to spent time with her."

"I'm happy he decided to stay and rush back to Lima. It is nice to have a break." Rachel stated.

"I'm you guys are happy. It was nice to talk but I have run. So, bye."

"Bye, Shelby."

"Bye." Rachel and Finn waved to Shelby as she walked away. They then started to finish their way there Times Square.

It was around 7pm, when they started to get hungry. Finn thought of the perfect place for dinner. So, the last place that Finn and Rachel went to was Sardi's. They sat and ate dinner. They talked about the old times. Their first time in New York with the New

Directions junior year. They talked about when Rachel met Pattie LaPone. Also the biggest memory about their first time in New York, Nationals. They talked about the performances and the Superman of kisses. They finished dinner, then started to head back to the apartment.

When Rachel and Finn got back to apartment, Rachel asked Finn it want in the hallway to surprise Kurt and Santana.

When Rachel walked in the apartment, Kurt and Santana were sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV. Kurt asked, "Oh, who was this friend that kept you out so late that?"

"You can see for yourself. Hey, come on in."

All of the sudden, Finn walked in the room. "Hey guys, Dorr had her out late."

"Oh, my God Finn.", Kurt said and ran and gave his brother a hug.

"Hey, lil' bro! I've missed you!"