Chapter 3: The Results

It has been about three days since Rachel's audition for Funny Girl. She and Kurt were in the kitchen of their apartment with Santana. Kurt was at the oven pulling out chocolate chip cookies, which he made for Rachel, to cheer he up. She had been in a gloomy mood, because she still didn't know if she got a call back or not. She was scared that she didn't, because they haven't called.

She was sitting at the table, when Kurt tried to distract her from the results. He felt so bad for her, "Rachel, what do you want to do today? We can go to the park before we have classes later." Kurt asked, while putting the cookies he made on a plate then putting them on the table.

"No I'm fine." Rachel replied sorrowful.

"Well, no news is good news, right?...", Kurt said while he sat at the table next to Rachel, "...Cookie?" He asked while pushing the plate of cookies towards her.

Rachel gave Kurt a slightly dirty look and slid her phone across the table," At this point, if I haven't heard anything. Life goes on. You know, Fanny was a dream. I read on that their doing a production of West Side Story at the Pasadena

Playhouse, and...I don't know...I played the role of Maria once, I bet I can play it again."

Kurt gave a glance at Rachel and asked, "Do you regret not doing Barbara for the audition?"

"No way. Honestly, something special and magical happened in that room,...", Rachel thought back to her audition and wouldn't have changed a thing, "...and if those producers are too narrow minded or star-obsessed..."

Suddenly, Rachel's phone begins to ring. She quickly went to grab it from the other end of the table. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God, it's a number I don't recognize what do I do?" she was asking Kurt frantically.

Kurt quickly asked,"Uh, ans-ans-answer it. Answer it. Answer. Yes. Yes. Yes."

"Pick it up? Okay." Rachel picked up her phone," Hello? Uh, yes, this is she. Uh, yeah of course. Yes. Yes. Thank you so much. Thank you.", Rachel hung up the phone," That was one of the producers."

Kurt shoving a cookie in his mouth, "And?"

"And I got a call back for Fanny! I GOT A CALL BACK!" Rachel was so happy. Kurt ran towards her and they both started jumping around and hugging.

Suddenly, Santana came in the kitchen, "What the hell are you two so happy about?" She asked.

"I got..." Rachel as interrupted by Kurt," Rachel got a call back!"

"Oh, my God. Really?" Santana asked.

"Really!" Rachel said to Santana.

"This is such exciting news! I believe we need to celebrate." Santana stated.

"Let's go to dinner!" Kurt said excited.

"Let me get my purse." Rachel said.

"Ok. We will met you downstairs." Santana and Kurt grabbed their coats, and stared to head downstairs.

"Ok." Well Rachel went to get her purse, something hit her. She started to fell upset that everyone, she loves, weren't with her to share this big moment in her life. She thought about her dads, Shelby, the Glee Club, and especially Finn. She knew she had to call Finn, but she decide that she would wait. She felt that she wasn't ready to talk, and she had to get to dinner.

Suddenly, her phone buzzed. It was a text from Kurt:' Hey Rachel, Hurry up! -K'

Rachel quickly texted Kurt back:' I'm coming! -Rach'

Rachel, Santana, and Kurt went and had a great dinner talking about the old times and great memories. Rachel was happy that she wasn't alone and still were close to people she loves.

It was the after Rachel learned that she got a call back. It still didn't feel real to her. That she, Rachel Berry, got a call back for Fanny Brice.

It was a Friday and didn't have any classes. Kurt was at class and Santana was out working. So she had a free day to be by herself, until they got home. So, she decided that the first thing she would do was to call Finn. She got her phone and dialed his number.

The phone rang and rang and rang, then she got his voice mail: 'Hey this is Finn. I can't get to the phone at the moment. So leave me a message after the beep.'

"Hey Finn, it's Rachel. I wanted to talk to, but it looks like your busy. Hope everything is well. Call me, when you can." Rachel then hung up her phone.

She was a little upset that she didn't get him, but she knew that he starting in college could make him busy. She really wanted to talk to him, but she was ready to wait for him to call back. She knows he would. So she while she waits, she would watch Funny Girl. So she got some popcorn and popped in the movie.

Rachel was about half way done with the movie, when her phone rang. It was Finn. "Hey", she said answering the phone.

"Hey , Rach. I'm sorry I didn't pick up my phone. I was at Glee Club practice." Finn replied.

"Glee Club practice? I thought you and Mr. Schue were still fighting." Tina had told Rachel a couple weeks ago, that Finn had told Mr. Schue that he kissed Emma. And Mr. Schue got mad. And Mr. Schue and Finn were not talking.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you. Mr. Schue and I made up. He asked me to help him again, and my professors said it would be okay. So, I'm back at McKinley as a co-director."

"That is so great, Finn. I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Rach. So let's stop talking about me. Let's talk about you. You are the one that call me. Did you hear anything?"

"Yeah, I got a call back." Rachel started to cry.

"Rachel, that's so exciting. Wait? Are you crying?" Finn asked hearing sobs coming from his phone.

"Sorry, yeah."

"Rachel, this is great news! Why are you crying?"

"Because, I miss you. I wish you were with me when I got the call. I just wish we were together. I hate myself for breaking up with you."

"Rachel, it's okay. I know how you feel..." Finn wished that he could be with Rachel. He hated it when they broke up.,"...stay strong. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Rachel, I feel that us being apart will be the right thing for the moment. We need to grow on our own for a while. Rachel, I've told you before we are endgame. We are going to be together in the end. For now we need to be apart. Rachel, you can call me whenever you want to talk. I love to hear your voice. I love you Rachel Berry. "

"I love you, too."

"I know. I believe you are going to totally get the role. I can't wait to buy tickets to see you."

"Thanks, Finn for the talk."

"Bye, Rachel."

"Bye, Finn."