The Price Of Freedom

Here it is......

The final chapter, of this heart wrenching story, tell me what you learned and the things you enjoyed . I wanna thank a few before I start to complete the last of this story.

First is @princeleah.

You support everything I do, I would not have the compassion for writing if not for people like you who give me all the encouragement that I'd needed for completing this story.

Second is @lizzy

You always gave me tips of encouragement to finish my stories and you were that kind when I was down on my luck with no inspiration. But it was thanks to you that I'd gotten the information on Jason and was able to deliver a critical blow when creating this story.

Thank you all so much....

Without further delays, I give you the final installment of the price of freedom.

~

Robin was sitting atop the roof of the house with red x just staring at the sunset that had been gracing them. It has been now 6 years since the events of what had transpired, himself and Red X lived in peace ... But the note that had been left still bothered him greatly.

".....what if he's not ... Dead"

The boy coughed out after a long pause, the idea that after being shot in the head and then left in the snow...his memory had became foggy after that. Jason explained about the man and about other things, but not the rape or the years of abuse....he figured, at least he can show the man in a saintful light....not sinful.

"You know it's impossible, besides , after 6 years, he'd be pretty much dead... He wasn't exactly in a prime age you know...I figured him about 50-60 that's a lot for an old timer to endure. Are you worried?"

Jason pulled the boy into his arms as they sat there staring at the passing sun , the dancing reds and oranges ...were a pleasent sight for the duo. Grasping the boys hand, he helped him up. Robin's legs were still broken...he had no doubt they'd ever be fixed again, but it had mattered not..as long as they were together..then it was a trivial matter.

The two men returned to the inside of their new house, it was far from Jump City and had actually retraced to the home town of Robin. Gotham City. Jason felt that returning back here would help to heal the young boys wounds...even if he had no memory of it..there had still been some things that stuck with him.

"I remember...I remember I was born here...I lived in a circus..."

He muttered as they travelled around, since he couldn't walk, he was carried by Red X. The thought of being confined to a chair for the rest of his life had scared him, so getting carried was the best option and Jason never seemed to mind. He pretty much begged to carry him...it was kind of funny.

Walking into town, the duo caught glimpse of a statue. Jason tried to rush by it but the kid had caught a hold of the giant image, it was a statue of a clown and a bat fighting. This confused the boy and he asked about it, Red X lied to him and said he never knew about what the image meant...now he was regretting returning here...he forgot that damned maniac was around....he was pretty sure Batman was there too....this was bad.

"Jason? You look pale"

Asked the black haired boy curiously as he cocked his head to the side and blinked but the other just shook his head and grunted as they walked on wards to a market stall. Robin was 21 now and Jason was 24 . Many stared at the oldest carrying the other but it didn't bother him at all.

It made him feel like a kind of celebrity to have so much eyes on him and his young lover. They were so busy looking about that they never seen the man run in front of them until they fell. Jason jumped and looked at Robin as he crawled to him.