Chapter 18: I'm boring. Stay Away.

Half of the summer vacations were over and tomorrow, I was leaving for Anaheim, California. All of my cousins and some of my relatives lived there, in California. So I was in the car, getting super-bored. I plugged my earphones and started listening to songs in my phone. I didn't have anything to do while listening to music. I could sing along the music but that would cause my sister to curse me and tell me to shut up, even though I'm pretty good at it. I liked metals. Even if she wasn't there, my parents would kick me out cause they hated growling. Sometimes I wonder how can I be their son? Literally, nothing matches. Nothing is common between me and my family.

After a half an hour or so, I decided to chat on the Direct Message with Stephanie and Conchita, after all I was bored as fuck. And as we texted each other, we eventually started playing the game 'Truth and Dare'.

Dares were fun! I remember they gave me a dare to post "I love you" on a post of someone's account unknown to me. Her name was Amanda, and she later turned out to be Stephanie's non-biological sister. They both were crazy together. Like seriously? I didn't even know that person. And for my revenge, I gave difficult dares.

It was a long way to California! Where are you?

Then after dares, we started playing "Truth". Yes, I came to know a lot about them. Stephanie asked me that which would it be if had to go on a date with. C'mon I don't even interact with others much and after my recent break up how could they expect that I could like someone. Oh yes, they didn't know my past. The only girl after them I was cormfortable talking with was Elisa. So, in an unserious tone, I replied her Elisa. And they took it seriously.

No one does ever seriously try to know about me, not even my friends. The thing that was kinda troubling me was why were they trying to know me? It wasn't troubling me exactly but I felt a very bizzard, uncommon and different feeling in my mind. I wish I could alienate them 'cause I was boring.

Then they asked a question which I had feared for.

While we were busy with science exhibition's project before our school's summer vacation, Elisa bought a chocolate to share with us, our team members. It was a pretty big one. Everyone of were discussing something, by seeing that chocolate, I don't know why I began to think of my ex, Skylar. The day when she ditched me was all over my mind again.

Yes! I identified that chocolate. It was the same one which Max had given to Skylar. I became super sad inside. I guess my soul was crying within. I tried to fake a smile in which I wasn't that good.

"Want some?" Elisa asked, offering me a slab of it.

"No! I hate chocolates! Even if I love to eat them!" Oops, I exclaimed out loudly. Stupid me!

I was sorry for what I had done. I just couldn't see it anymore. I asked Elisa to forgive me.

"Adrian, why do you hate chocolates? They are so yummy!" Said Conchita, in a friendly tone.

They are damn yummy. I know, right? I didn't answer her question and left the place.

I was being asked the same question by her today. No one tried to know me but they did. And for the first time in my entire life I spent in New York, I felt like narrating my past to someone. I did so. They were totally shocked when they came to know I had two girlfriends. Can't a boy have 2 girlfriends or what? I think so they were shocked because this contradicted with my image in this school.

When I was finally done, I felt refreshed. I felt good and relieved! Someone in this world now knew about me. Yay. I hoped that I didn't take any wrong step. I told them to keep it as a secret, confidential. They could be trusted.

After all this, I finally reached California.