Chapter 19: We Are So Same

I soon reached my cousins' place soon.

It was around 9 when we again started playing Truth and Dare. This time, I was asked the things I hated the most. I answered:

.Insects

.Betrayers

.Bullies

.Ignorance

.Hatred

.Liars

"OMFG, Adrian we are so same!" texted Stephanie. This made me wonder what she meant by saying this. Was she sad or depressed? Well, I didn't know much about her.

Next turn was of Stephanie. I wasn't getting any question at the time. I asked Conchita to give her a truth. She asked her, "If you had to go on a prom with a boy, who would it be? The options are - Weyman, Jeff and Rodrick."

I knew Jeff and Weyman, they were my friends... but who was Rodrick? I never heard of this guy before.

"Do I know this guy 'Rodrick'?" I asked.

"No you don't."

"Who is he?"

Conchita replied, "He? He is not in our school."

"Oh... Nevermind."

I felt as if they were tryina hide something from me... not hide acually, they were avoiding to share it with me. I ignored it.

Stephanie's reply was, "Rodrick, as you know I don't know much about Weyman and I hate Jeff."

I didn't know what was going on. I mean, why did she hated Jeff and why did she chose Rodrick over Weyman? Was chosing a stranger better than someone you know a litle about. Wait, maybe Rodrick is a stranger for me. Maybe he leaved this school this year or in the recent years. I didn't gave this matter enough consideration and moved on by forgetting it.

Whenever Conchita was asked anything, she never replied honestly or seriously. She and me would started sharing our problems on an another DM. I was a box full of secrets, which no one tried to open. Conchita later than was the only one who knew the most of me as compared to others. I hadn't share all my secrets of course. I didn't know much about Stephanie. I had just started to know her.

That night they both kept me teasing with Elisa.

Stephanie asked me, "Which girl in NY would you give flowers to if you had to?" A lame question? I know, right. She continued, "Aw, why are you taking so long? We know she's Elisa :P". WHAT THE HELL!!!?

I got furious and sad. I immediately called her.

"I'm serious, I don't like her!"

"Aw, look who's saying!"

"I don't like anyone, you get it?" I spoke these words out loudly in a sad tone.

"Sorry! It was just a prank on you. Conchita and me, both were involved. Chill! I know you don't like anyone", she said with contentness. Stephanie was really friendly.

"It's okay, and sorry for my harsh tone." I apologized her.

"Nevermind", she said in a friendly tone.

"Bye."

"Bye."

Phew, and I hung up the phone.

It was 12 am and I was not able to sleep. I suffer from insomnia.

*Ring*

A notification at midnight? Cool. I checked it out. It was an Instagram notification. Some just had sent me a DM. I waited for a few seconds for it to load. The DM was from Stephanie, Stephanie Flowers. It read "Hi!".

"Hey."

"Adrian, I want to share something with you... may I?"

"Yes.. why not? :)"

"Uhm... so here's it. I've a painful history too, like you have."

"Woa, you never told me?"

"Sorry! That's what I'm doing right now. You won't get bored, right?"

"Never. Please continue..."

[Hey there! Sorry for the inactivity. I'm going to publish a new story tomorrow or the day after tomorrow! It's a combination of sci-fi and horror... hope y'll will like it :)

Also, my next chapter of this work will be in Steph's P.O.V.    Stay tuned!

Like, Comment, Follow... Happy reading!]