Chapter 17

Taylor's POV:

 I woke up to the sound of the door slamming shut and a face I didn't recognize.

"Where are my parents?"

"One of your dad's old patients stabbed several people in the ER then ran off.  Your parents are helping the stab victims while security tries to find the man."

"One of my dad's old patients?"  I hope I misheard that, my head is spinning.

"The Chief said the man's pregnant wife died from a surgical mistake made by Dr. Shepherd."

"My dad almost quit operating because of that.  Can you do me a favor?"  I tried my best to focus on the wall and not let myself get overwhelmed.  Patients' spouses have done some insane things here.  This man could be after my dad, or out for revenge and after his wife and child.

"What is it?"

"Page Mark Sloan please."

"Dr. Grey said to page her if you needed anything-"

"Don't page her!  Please, just get Mark for me, it's important."  

He pulled out his pager and I prayed that the next face I saw was not my mom's.  I could feel myself starting to get overwhelmed again so I pulled a pillow over my face to help block out everything.  I pulled it back slightly when I heard the door open again.

"Something wrong, Tay?"

"Uncle Mark, I need your help."

"Ok?  I'm helping Dr. Robbins move the all the peds patients to a room together, but I've got a second."

"Take me!  I'm 16, still pediatric!"

"You can't even handle a TV being on.  There will be way too much going on in that room for you to handle.  Your dad would kill me if I took you somewhere that is bound to overstimulate you!"

"I need to get my mom somewhere safer.  Take me, I know it'll make my head hurt like hell and almost drive me insane, but then someone will page my mom."  I could fill my eyes filling with tears wondering where my parents were or if I could even help.

"What are you talking about?  The hospital is on lock down, your mom is safe."

"Remember the man who's wife and unborn baby died and he called my dad a murderer?  It's him!  He could be after her or my dad!"

He looked at me like I was totally insane.  "Taylor, you're on so many medications right now.  You aren't thinking clearly.  Meredith is fine and your dad is about to take a patient to surgery.  It's ok!"

"What else would he want here?  Please, just help!"

"Ok, but when your dad asks who moved you, it was the intern!"

"Deal, watch my dad too, just in case!"

I kept the pillow over my face while he pushed my bed down the hallway.  That didn't stop the noise though.  I felt all my muscles tighten as I heard a large amount of overlapping voices.  My head started to throb and my mind was racing.  By the time I was in the room with all the other kids, I couldn't concentrate on a single thing.  My mind was racing and I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face.  I felt like I was dying.  Then I heard Mark say, "Page Meredith Grey 911."  I have to stay here and lose my mind so she'll come and be safe.