Chapter 4

Meredith's POV.

"Meredith!"

"Hey, Cristina!"

"I'm on Altman's service today! I haven't held a heart in a week!" She was practically skipping as she talked. Before I could be excited for her, I heard EMTs rush in a patient. Chills went down my spine when I thought I heard the name Shepherd.

"Mer, did you hear me?! I'm back on cardio!!"

"Did he just say Shepherd?"

"What? Who?"

"That EMT."

"Derek's in surgery. They probably said something else. I'm back on cardio!"

I couldn't shake the feeling. I jogged down the hall and ignored Cristina shouting my name.

I couldn't quite hear the conversation as Karev got the report from the EMTs the only thing I heard was seizure. I saw his face drop and fill with panic though as I got closer to the room. Then he yelled out the door, "someone page Shepherd!!"

"Alex! Derek's removing a tumor, what's going on?!"

He moved out of the way and I saw Taylor's fear filled blue eyes ease when she saw me.

"She had a seizure in class and lost consciousness for nearly five minutes in the ambulance. Don't you think Derek will want know his daughter is in the ER?"

"He's a neurosurgeon. His daughter just had a seizure then fainted. I promise he can think of a million life-threatening reasons that this happened. He's operating on an inoperable tumor. He needs to focus on that surgery and him knowing about this will distract him. Get a head CT. If it's bad, then page Derek. If not, wait until he's out of surgery." "Tay, he's going to take you for a CT. Your dad should be out of surgery pretty soon. I'll get someone to cover my patients so I can stay with you after the scan." I could see the worry in her eyes - she expresses her emotions through her eyes just like Derek- so I tried to put on an optimistic face. Then I tried to convince myself that there are quite a few reasons for a sudden seizure that aren't major risks. She'll be fine, she has to be!