Chapter 44 - Crossing Lines

Start from the beginning

"The L'ok leader that was with Skorge?" Kayos asked looking at Leon who was still quite wet not only from the splashing but from that block of ice the second Adapt covered his head in. "How would these one's have those abilities than?"

"Must've copied the original Adapt's data." Leon said standing up to his full height. "They had Roy's ability too."

"Roy?" Kayos repeated.

"Oh my god do I have a goddamn echo?" Leon snapped at Kayos who only ignored that.

"Leon if these things have Roy's ability to move across a long distance in a short amount of time, even if they aren't complete they can be a huge problem even for us."

"Relax, don't hit your doomsday button just yet. These things aren't nearly as strong as they could be." Leon said kicking the android's upper half. "But the one that got away wasn't being controlled. It was more like an A.I. but those are supposed to be illegal..."

"You sound surprised that someone's using an Artificial Intelligence system for these things." Kayos said as Leon asked him what he was doing here and not going back to the Chain. "Like I said, I was told to monitor you for awhile. As for what I'm doing here specifically, one of the Chain's undercover agents informed us that President Faye Williams has been tinkering with some of Thomas Vega's scientific achievements."

"That must be why those things wanted Nick." Kayos asked if they said anything at all to them to which Leon replied. "They said something about a Project Fury, I'm not sure what exactly I was in and out. But they needed Nick for that, I know that for sure but what's Project Fury?"

"It must be what they're calling these new versions of Adapt and the Cyclops serum." Kayos said before pulling out his PET and tapping the screen while Leon began to pull on his boots. "Ramon, has Agent Vance said anything about a Project Fury?"

"The name was mentioned but he couldn't give me any details." A voice said from the PET and when Leon looked he saw the man who got Nick deported for correcting his work on the screen. "As for your other request I have the list of people for-"

"No need they took the one they wanted already." Kayos said flatly. "Nik'Alahs Grifter was the one they wanted. Is there any current excuse we can use to get inside the Dome?"

Ramon was going on about some sort of settlement that needed to be brought up to the United States Congress, but Leon didn't care about any of that. Now that he knew where Nick was he wasn't going to just sit around and wait for an excuse to go there. Saving his adopted brother was all the reason he needed to go."

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

Lauren was packing up a few of her things in a duffle bag while Roy waited for her outside. She'd decided that she was going to be staying with him for a little while, because--although she hadn't told Roy because she didn't think it was worth mentioning--things hadn't been going very well between her and Becca ever since she'd yelled at Ashton. Becca was on Ashton's side about the demons being dangerous because apparently she was one of those who were almost killed at Party Town along with her brother.

She had figured they'd been there but ever since the even she kind of just thought that they'd left before all the fighting broke out because neither of them had said anything. That is until the riots started happening again. Becca was of the mind that all the demons weak or strong should all just be rounded up and killed or they should just get off of 'their' planet. Lauren had tried telling them that not all demons were like Skorge but nothing she said was getting through to them.

Ashton had even gone as far as calling her a 'Demon Whore' and Becca had even begun to agree with him because she actually knew about Roy unlike her brother. Hopefully she wouldn't tell him otherwise Roy's secret would be out in the open. Thankfully neither of them were here right now. They were the real reason why she'd wanted Roy to wait outside because she wasn't too sure at all just how he'd react to them jumping all over her like they'd been doing lately. It was a good thing she did too because Demon Whore was apparently catching on in the dorm because she found someone had posted that on her door outside.