:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Thirty

Start from the beginning

            “Have a seat,” he insisted, pointing to the couch. “It feels as though it was only yesterday I told you about Fiona in here. Time’s been passing by quickly.”

            Nodding, I collapsed onto the incredibly comfortable couch. I really needed to get one for my room back in the human world. “Speaking of Fiona, how’s it going?”

            With a sigh, he sunk down next to me. “What’s it?”

            “Your relationship.”

            “Emily…”

            I frowned at him. “Sebastian. Don’t tell me you haven’t made any moves.”

            “I can’t make any moves,” he told me, his emerald eyes hardening. “I’ve told you. We’ve caused enough trouble for our family as it is.”

            “That’s still no reason to give up.”

            “I’m going to become King,” he said flatly. “There is nothing to give up because whatever I had was taken away from me when this was decided.”

            My next response was stuck in my throat. “D-did something happen, Sebastian?”

            “Yes,” he responded, clenching his fists on his lap. “Apparently I have to marry soon.”

            “Marry? What?”

            “Wait, it gets better. You remember the fairy tale Cinderella?”

            I cocked my head to the side. “Yes?” My eyes widened in realization. “You’re going to have a ball? Oh my god! That’s so exciting! Is everyone going to dress up in fancy dresses and suits? When is it?”

            Sebastian stared at me, blinking.

            “Oh, wait…” I cupped the back of my next and gave him a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry. This is bad, right?”

“Well if you don’t like balls…”

“So there is a ball!”

He half-smiled. “You can come, if you like. It’s next Friday.”

I blinked. Next Friday? When Ashton was going to come?

“It’s going to be one busy night,” Sebastian said with a laugh. “Don’t worry though. If there are more people there, it’ll be harder for him to find you and easier for us to either defeat him or scare him away.”

I shifted uncomfortably. “Right… But I’m not worried about that. Well, I am, but also about you finding a wife. Was this your parents’ idea?”

He snorted. “Yeah, right. It’s the court’s.”

“Did Solomon and Luella have a marriage like this?”

“Yes,” Sebastian told me, “and luckily for them they managed to become a happy couple. They had a thing for each other before the ball…

“But you don’t love anyone besides Fiona… Do you even know any other girls?”

He gave me a flat look. “Of course I do. But none capture my interest.”

“So you’ll be forced to marry someone you hardly know?”

“Marry in haste, repent in leisure.”

I stared at him. “Huh?”

He sighed. “Those who impetuously rush into marriage may spend a long time regretting having done so.”