Chapter 7 - Mystery With Miette

Start from the beginning

"Yes, she was definitely right behind me, but now she is gone" Serena put her hands together and placed them on her chest. "I hope she is ok"

"Maybe she just got scared and ran home?" Misty asked casually. "Who cares really, so long as she is ok"

"Misty!" May moaned at her. "That is no way to think about a friend"

"May is right, we have to try and look for her," Dawn said in agreement.

"Well, I will be helping, Axew and I can search in the trees," Iris said, instantly jumping up onto a branch. She landed like a bird, literally sticking to the branch, as light as a feather.

Cilan came up, suddenly wearing a hat and having a magnifying glass at hand. He clicked his fingers and lifted his head slightly. "It's detective time!" he announced, preparing himself for an investigation.

"Does he keep those on hand?" Clemont asked, sweatdropping.

"Pika..." Pikachu answered him, also sweatdropping. 

"Ok, so when you last saw Miette she was behind you, but where?"

Serena walked over to the tree line they walked along and stood where she was. "Here"

"So there was only two ways she could've gone, this way" Cilan pointed back to the city. "Or this way" Cilan pointed to the left side of the forest, which would've been behind Miette.

"Can we use something to maybe check her location or something like that?" Dawn asked, thinking of possible solutions.

"I guess that is where I come in," Clemont said, pushing his glasses up his nose. "The future is now thanks to science!" he said, unravelling his bag. "Clemontic gear, on!"

Cilan turned around, sweatdropping just like Clemont did. "Does he keep those on hand? In his bag?" 

"Axew ew..." Axew replied, this time, scratching his head.

"I knew we would encounter a problem precisely like this one," Clemont said, pulling out his invention.

"Really?" Iris said, folding her arms in disbelief. Everyone looked on, too puzzled to even comprehend what was going on. Serena was preparing for the big boom, while Ash and Brock looked on with sparkling eyes, amazed by his creation.

"I call it the footprint tracker!" Clemont announced. There was no Bonnie around, but Misty nearly passed out as he said the name.

"I can tell you are not good with names..." she said, watching Clemont set up his device. He totally ignored her and carry on.

"If I just set this down here like so...It should pick up residual energy from Miette and then give us her location" Clemont studied the screen. 

"Wow! Science is so amazing" Brock and Ash said in unison.

"Hmm.. it seems the level isn't high enough" he pulled the lever to the max. Then, the machine began to shake. Miette's name popped up on the map for half a second, before the machine began to malfunction.

"Erm, is that supposed to happen?" Gary asked. He had been quiet the whole time, standing away from Ash's friends. Everyone stepped back but it was too late. BOOM! the machine exploded, covering everyone in soot and machine parts.

"I swear this one was going to work..." Clemont said weakly, laying down on the floor. 

"That's another one that goes boom..." Serena added, slowly getting up.

"Well, I got a small glimpse at her location. It seemed to be east, so that suggests she is still nearby and wrapped around from this way" Clemont pointed away from the city, in the second direction Cilan had deduced.