I quickly got out of the car and joined him on the hood. 

"You did it," I said. 

"I did what?" he asked coldly. 

"The tattoo."

"That... Yes, I did."

"Well, at least you stayed faithful to one of your dreams," I commented meanly. 

"It would actually make me look hotter," he replied making me stop observing his dragon tattoo and look at him in shock. 

"Fuck, Bradford, I am kidding," he growled giving me a flat look. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were being serious."

We drowned into that stupid, uneasy silence for some minutes before I spoke up. 

"Can we go out, tonight?" I asked. 

"We are out," he pointed out. 

"No, I mean, go to a bar or something."

"Why?" he asked.

"I just... I feel like having a drink."

"You feel like it or you need it?" he asked dryly. 

"When I told you I was an alcohol-addict I was just kidding. I don't need alcohol. I do like it but that's all."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes!"

"Fine, then. But it will be just a drink. No bullshit after that."

"Okay," I said reluctuntly and hopped off the hood. 

I was about to walk away when he called my name. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Did you do it? I mean, the tattoo you used to talk about..." he trailed off. 

"No," I lied. 

He nodded... Sadly?

Okay...

I kept shaking my head as I walked away, trying to get that look in his eyes out of my head. However, I couldn't help remembering his face having the same look every Saturday, when he had to leave my house after lunch. I didn't really understand it back then but when he gave me that lecture about strength when I found out my mom was at the hospital, he explained everything and I realized that after seeing his mom kissing the gardener, his house didn't feel like home anymore and Mrs. Shaw, didn't feel like a right mom. I guess, we were the closest thing to a real family he had. 

Oh, the irony...

I kept bringing those moments of us fighting with our forks until I realized I was teasing my mushroom necklace. I only did that when I was nervous, angry or lost in deep thoughts. And I definitely didn't need these thoughts right now cause getting close to Cameron again, felt like I had to relive everything. Our moments, our laughs, our dreams along with my mother's death and my father's hatred. 

Ugh, why did reality have to be so weird and complicated? 

I groaned loudly and grabbed my i-pod. I needed to get lost in one of Leo Tolstoy's books before I went nuts. 

I only stopped reading when I realized that the screen was a bit brighter than it used to be- it was getting dark. 

I stood up and walked back to the car. I had a quick shower and then slipped into a black dress --the only one that didn't look too beach-like-- and waited for Cameron to come.