"Not a coward, eh?" He smirked before crashing his lips on mine and this time he didn't allow me to escape. His other arm also finds its way to my back, caging me between his chest and arms. Left with no other option except to give in... So I let my subconsciousness take the lead, which doesn't want to refuse him.

~*~

Kanwal sat almost ten feet away from me across the living room because of my anger. I was so mad at her that I started throwing things at her after Moosa left and still, she has that annoying smug look on her face.

"Come on, darling! Don't blame me for everything while you sit there with that extremely blushing face. It tells a whole different story compared to what you are trying to imply by destroying my home." I just narrowed my eyes at her.

And I thought Yawar was more annoying...

"Ah! And I still remember the look Moosa had on his face when he left... Wah wa.. wah wa." She claps and continues, "And you? ...with that blushed and nervous face of yours... You were like... Uff! I wonder how Moosa held himself back." She winked.

"Shut up, Kanwal." I gritted my teeth.

"You know, you should've stopped him and take more time to deepen your bond." She nodded.

"Dafa hojao ghatiya insaan (Go to hell, you lowlife)." I threw a cushion at her, which failed to reach her and landed in the middle.

Idiot cushion!

"Have mercy on the poor cushion." She said, picking it up and dusting it.

"Remember Mano the chapter of Islamic Studies about Nikah and rights and duties of husband and wife... I didn't understand half of that topic even after asking dozens of questions to Mrs Sehar... I was engaged to Ahad and I knew him from childhood. So I couldn't grasp the idea of loving an unknown person and spending your whole life with him." She said, walking into the kitchen and I silently followed her so she can continue.

"Mrs Sehar always ends the topic saying 'You will understand on time. The relation of Nikah is more than signing papers and saying three words...and now I think about it, I find her every word true... When I married Ahad, he wasn't the same jolly and carefree person we once knew. He changed in many ways..." She paused, which didn't seem like it's consciously done because her voice sounds distant when she spoke like she was thinking about a certain time.

What happened to her?

"Kanwal?" I called out her name.

"Huh? Sorry." She snapped out of her thoughts.

"You never tell me. How did you manage everything?" I stalked towards her.

"We didn't get the chance to talk about it." She shrugged.

"Well, my point was that you don't have to feel guilty if you feel attraction towards him. You have every right over him as he has on you. So, you don't have to hide those feelings either. I wasn't given the time to settle myself because to Ahad, I was the same Kanwal - his betrothed. I still faced the same confusing situation as you... He is from a gang, a criminal, a killer and Allah knows what else. He was everything but the man I once loved... I wanted time, I wanted answers to my questions before starting my life with him but got nothing... Now it may sound strange and you may get me wrong, but Moosa is willing to give the chance to understand him and I think it's quite admirable..." She finished her little speech, handing me over a mug of tea.

"You're indirectly taking Moosa's side." I finally said what I have been thinking since she started this conversation.

"I am directly taking his side."