Chapter 15: Beautiful

Okay, I warned you before. Here it is. The final chapter. There will be a sequel, I'll just say that now. Hasn't it been fun? It has been an amazing journey for me, and I'm glad it's not really ending. Oh, let's just get on with it...

Allons-y.

Quick note: the format is a little wacko, just read plz. why am I still talking? Let's end this with style.

I fell down to my knees, the note in my hand falling out. One though lurks in my mind, and it's a painful one. He's gone...
The Doctor left me. Him and his big, blue box, full of mystery, yet adventure. All gone. He lied, and left me. A tear falls out of my eye.

/////////

I ran, panting. I was so out of breath, though none of this mattered. I had to get to Willow. I had to make sure she was safe. I glanced behind me. I think... I think they're gone. At least for now. I slowed my sprint to a steady jog before remembering why I ran.

For Willow.

//////////

"Willow?" I croak, but she's already there hugging me.

"Maybe he didn't mean it that way." She said. Here I am, my own new daughter comforting me. So far I'm a sucky mother.

"Why aren't you crying?" I say, standing up from my crouched position.

//////////////

Never mind, they're after me again. I hear them, it only makes my feet pound the ground harder. I focus on where I know Willow is, if I can just get there...

/////////////

"It's hard." Willow said, breathing in deep. "When you're younger, like, really young, emotions are big, you cry at the smallest things. But as you get older, you cry less and less, until you get older, and you sometimes just break.
"I'm at that age when you don't cry until later, until years later, when you're older."
I stared at her, forgetting my tears for a minute.
"Wow, Willow. I had no idea you were such a philosopher." I said, wide eyed.
She just smiled and took my hand.

/////////

"Willow!" I scream, breaking through the door. "Willow, where are you?!" I hear a feeble answer, and stumble to find a sobbing Willow. I grab her, and she shows me her hands. I hold them, and can feel them heat up my body.
I'm glad I'm not alone, not the only one with a special power.

////////

"We should just accept it, like it never happened." Willow continued, looking me in the eye. She was very tall, and even for the age difference, we loomed the same age.
I nodded, though it was all a lie. I could never accept it, never live through it. It would forever haunt me, I would see his face when I didn't want to.

/////////

"Y/ N, they're coming, and you know it." Willow mutters quietly, and pulled her hands away. I nodded, but ignored her still. I was so tired, and had gotten where I wanted to be. I wanted only to rest...

/////////

I miss him already. It's the next day, not even twenty-four hours, and I miss him. I wonder if he misses me too. Maybe. My heart softens a little, then hardens again. But he still left me. I don't know if I could ever forgive him for that.

///////

"Y/ N!" Willow shook me awake from my passed out state. "Mom, wake up!" I jolted open my eyes to see a figure standing there, a long, brown coat flowing behind him.
"Do-doctor." The name escapes my mouth before I can speak, yet he nods.

////////

Willow doesn't seem to care, nor miss him. She stays to her word, pretending it never happened. But sometimes you can't forget, you have to forgive. But... I don't want to. I have to choose a side, I can't go on like this, not for much longer.

////////

I soon find myself in a warm embrace. I'm not ready for a kiss, not yet. The binds between us are still broken, though more mended with each passing moment.
"You came back." I say, pleasure lacing my voice.
"Yeah, I'd decided to." The Doctor joked. I still slapped him.

//////////

The next thing I remember was telling Willow to run, because they were after us. I don't even know who they are, honestly, but I know they kill. Maybe we've met them, maybe you've met them. I just ran.

////////

He acted used to it, and we just huged. He sat me down and told me to tell him the tale of what had happened, and I told him what I could remember. I wanted to know why I couldn't remember, I just wanted to!

////////

I looked at Willow, gesturing for her to continue the story for me, from her point of view. She told us of her new found powers, and the Doctor listened, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I still did't understand her powers, what power making plant grow even possessed, but she was scared, so I didn't question her. And that brings you up to now.

I look at The Doctor, who hasn't spoken a word yet.

"You okay?" I ask, nudging him.

He nodded, but spoke. "I just don't understand how Willow has had these so called powers, these impossible powers, yet-"

I interrupted him.

"Sometimes you have to believe, Doctor." I said, before we embraced in a long kiss.

"I can't believe when you're in danger." He said, our foreheads meeting. We jumped back and apart as a gunshot ran through the air. We looked at each other. He looked fine, and so was I.

"What- what was that?" I said, shaking. "It was close."

"A gun." The Doctor said, worried. "Y/ N, you need to..." He stopped talking when he noticed I wasn't looking.

"Willow..." I collapsed to my knees and clutched a bleeding Willow in my arms. It hit her. I buried my face in her hair. I'm a terrible mother.

"Y/ N..." She said, still not crying. "You have to forgive him, but I was wrong. Don't forget a moment of it. Yet, sometimes, forgive and forget."

"How can you do that?" I whispered. "Not cry?" I stood up abruptly, glaring at the Doctor.

"How can you not cry either? Willow is dying, and you're just standing there!" It was true. He stood with his hands in his pockets, and gestured behind me.

I turned around, dreading what would lay before me. Sure enough, she was dead. I bit my lip, and tears fogged my vision.

"Willow...?" I said, as she sank into the ground. I was confused. Where was she...?

My question was answered when a small seedling appeared where she lay.

"A weeping willow sprout." The Doctor walked up to join me. I walked over, ignoring the world, and lifted up the soil around the plant, talking it with me. I don't know how, but I knew what to do.

"Where's the TARDIS?" I asked the Doctor, a new determination in my face. He walked off, and I followed him.

I just opened the doors, put the plant inside, and shut it. I then collapsed on the ground, sobbing.

The Doctor stroked my hair, comforting me.

"It's okay, Y/ N. It will all be okay."

After a while, I stood up, and opened the TARDIS. Even the Doctor was amazed on what beheld us.

The TARDIS had stayed the same, but one thing had changed. The center of the TARDIS was now Willow's full grown tree, the leaves drooping at the entrance.

It was beautiful.