Chapter Three: Bigger On The Inside

It's been two days since he popped the question. No, not that question. He asked me to travel with him. We had ran away from the Lihjaparall, and the Doctor shoved me into a blue box and told me to wait there. When he came back to the surprising large box, he told me that they had been defeated. He asked me then if I wanted to join him on his quests across the universe.

"Hey, y/ n?" He had asked me a few hours after the whole Lihjaparall incident.

"Yeah?" I had absent mindedly replied. I was fiddling with spare parts of the TARDIS, trying to make stuff. It keeps me distracted.

"Do you want to travel with me? See the universe?"

"Is it always this dangerous?"

"Eh... This was... amateur work." I grinned at his witty remark.

"Sure." I had told him.

He let me go home and hang out for the next couple of days, since I may as well finished up the week. It's Sunday now. He stayed in the other bedroom in my apartment. I don't think he sleep though. All I could hear all night was foot steps on the creaky wooden upstairs floor.

"So, y/n." He popped his head in my doorway.

"It's 6 AM!" I complained. For a Time Lord, you'd think he'd be better at keeping track of time.

"I know." He nodded and popped fully into my room and casually slipped his hands into his pockets.

I sat up. "You're not changing your mind, are you?" I glance at him.

"Nope!" He replies and beams at me.

I sigh and roll out if bed. I awkwardly stare at him for a few minutes.

"Could you...?"

He looks up. "Oh! So sorry." He comments and leaves the room.

I proceed throw on an outfit, before remembering that this is going to be my first real impression on the Doctor. I carefully choose some comfy black bootcut jeans. I make my way over to my shirts and choose an, in my opinion, very hip, orange shirt. Over it, since I have no idea what the weather's going to be like, I put a black leathery jacket. I throw on my matching black shoes, but I feel like something's not complete. After rummaging through my drawers, I pick some adorable hand warmers, and I'm off.

"Hey, I'm done." Once I step out of my room, I inform the Doctor, who was waiting with his back to me, was standing.

"Brilliant! Now if we can-" He turns around and freezes.

"Rose." He mutters.

"Come again?" I ask.

"Nothing. Just an old friend of mine." He answers.

"Who?" I ask, trying my hardest to comfort him.

"Her name was Rose. She wore almost that same outfit the day she-"

He stopped.

We sit in silence for a while.

"I'm sorry." I sigh at last. "I can go change. I had no idea-"

"No." The Doctor cleared his throat. "It's okay." He sighed, and stood up.

"Come on." He said wearily. I can tell I upset him.

"What was she like? Rose, I mean." I break the silence in our way to the TARDIS.

"She was funny, compassionate, kind." He began, his voice cracking.

"Sorry." I quickly mutter again.

This time he doesn't respond.

******************

By the time we got back to the TARDIS, he seemed to be over Rose. My mind screams with questions, though I dare not ask.

"Okay, where to, y/n y/l/n?" The Doctor asked with a strange new found happiness.

"Surprise me." You grin.

"Okay, future it is!" He declares.

He fiddles around for a few seconds, and pulls a random lever.

"Allons-y!" He cries.

I grin and replied. "Andiamo!" I beamed even larger, if that was even possible.

"Oi! French, nice touch." He glances at me before the TARDIS rumbles and we both fall to the ground.

Her humming slows to a steady stop and The Doctor helps me to my feet.

"You okay?" He asks, worry entwined in his tone of voice.

"Yeah." I blush profoundly and brush myself off.

He runs out of the TARDIS with me close behind him.

"Some time, early 5000s." He begins walking around and settles on a young girl, about six.

" 'Ello!" The Doctor grins at the young child. "I'm the Doctor."

She smiles and points to her self. " I'm Annisa and I'm five and three quarters." She holds her head up high, like It's the most honorable thing here.

"Would you mind telling us where we are? My friend and I seem to have gotten lost." He gestures to me.

"Hi!" I smile. "I'm y/ n!"

"I'm Annisa and I'm five and three quarters." She repeats before turning her attention to The Doctor.

"Well, mister, you're in Olympia." She grinned, proud of herself for knowing her own town name.

"Um, excuse me asking, but what year is it?" The Doctor continues to question Annisa.

"It's the year 5038!" She cries out.

"Washington state in the year 5038." I breath. "Who knew?"

I literally cried writing the first part of this. Part 2 will be coming soon. Please comment on how you think my writing was. Be truthful. I want to improve. Comment, vote, or follow please!!!!!!!!!!

Allons-y, or, as you would say, Andiamo,

RainbowDashTimeLord