One: The Lihjaparall

Strange things have been happening in my neighborhood. And that was before I even met him. My name is y/n. Y/n l/n. It started when my older brother, Joseph strangely disappeared. All the people slowly being picked out, all having with something to do with me. My teacher, my next door neighbor, my uncle. It all leads back to me.

I never knew relief was possible. But then again, I also thought that time travel, and strange blue boxes that are bigger on the inside, or screwdrivers that are sonic weren't possible. I just thought I'd live like this, apparently. Living in fear of hurting some one I love. Of hurting anyone. Of even knowing anyone, afraid of them disappearing too.

Everyday I prayed that it would be some coincidence, and that the people I loved would be safe. But every day I was disappointed. I eventually took to staying to the shadows, interacting with almost no one, unless I had to.

One day, I was walking home from a somewhat normal day at school when something caught my eye.  It was a pale yellow blob covering the park bench. From all the news lately, I'm guessing that this isn't too good. I slowly make my way towards it.

I extend my my hand to touch it's yellow, gooey substance.

"Stop. " A voice interrupts my thought and makes me jump. I spin quickly around to see a tall, skinny man dressed in a brown vertically striped suit. He wore a brown trench coat over it, and under it, dirty white converse. His arm was outstretched, as if he was going to stop me from touching the creature in one swift movement. His hair was a pointy brown work of art.

"What is that thing?" I ask him. If he tells me not to touch it, I suppose he knows something about it. Right? His arm falls back down to his side, and I guess he's glad that I'm distracted.

"Welllll..." He begins by dragging out the 'L', but pauses. I rase a cautious eyebrow. "I have no idea!" He declares. Guess I was wrong.

"Then I'm sure it will be fine." I ignore his warning and once again attempt to touch it.

"Stop!" I again jump at the sound of his voice. Cursing under my breath, I sigh.

"Don't touch it!" He warns me.

"And may I ask why, mister, um..." I ask him. I then realise I never got a name from him.

"What's your name?" I abruptly ask him.

"Oh! I'm the Doctor." He holds out his hand, but I ignore it.

"The Doctor, huh? Doctor Who?" I question him.

"Just the Doctor." He smiles and looks around. "And you are...?"

"I'm y/n." I say. We stand in silence for a while, before I speak up. "What kind of doctor?"

He looks surprised for a split second, before his face regains it's collected expression. "Doctoring."

He's a fake.

At almost the exact same time, both me and the Doctor turn back to the mustard blob, which gives a little vibrate.

"Did that thing just...?" I squeak out.

The Doctor follows my gaze. "Yes, I do believe it did, y/n."

It began to grow, and take more of a form. It shaped first into a human, then a dog, then a rooster, and many other animals. But what is it really?

"We are the Lihjaparall." It spoke in a deep, grotesque voice. "We have no form." It replied, as if reading my mind.

"Forever changing, huh?" The Doctor walks in a slow circles around the Lihjaparall.

"I am not the only one here who takes different forms." It says.

"What do you want?" The Doctor asks, changing the question.

"We want what most want yet have failed to get. Power. Riches."

"But why here?" The Doctor asks. "Why Earth? Humans, growing, thriving! Why not some other planet?" He is trying his hardest to persuade them.

"Because we need our first step to our achievement."

"And wants that?"

The Lihjaparall turns and looks at me.

"Y/n."