Chapter Eleven

"John!" Dot yelled over the loud music, tapping John on his shoulder. He was still snogging Cynthia. "John!!"

He still didn't acknowledge her, focusing only on making out with Cyn. Dot sighed heavily and tried to pry them apart. She managed to. John had a confused look on his face, he wasn't sure why someone had interrupted him while he was obviously busy...

"What d'you need?" John barked. Dot smelled alcohol on his breath. Was he seriously drunk?

"Are you drunk?!"

"No. M'fine," he stated, turning back to Cynthia. Dot grabbed his shoulder and spun him back around.

"Do you know where Paul is? I can't find him anywhere!"

"He's probably in the bathroom or something," John slurred slightly. She knew John was drunk. She didn't want him around Cynthia. A drunk John could only lead to bad things.

"Well...could you look for him while I talk to Cyn?"

She didn't wait for a reply. Dot grabbed Cynthia and ran off to somewhere less crowded.

John sighed. All he wanted to do was pick up some birds and have fun. But Paul had to stray away from his girlfriend and get lost somewhere.

And of course he was the one to had to find him.

John's brain wasn't functioning very well, as you can tell. The loud music and the big crowd was starting to give him a headache. He needed a cigarette...

He stumbled outside and lit up a ciggie. He had drank all the beer he brought. He knew he'd regret it in the morning.

John sat on the ground, his back leaning against the wall, taking long drags from his cigarette. He needed to find Paul. And if he was going to find Paul he needed to sober up a bit.

John's mind was all over the place and he couldn't think straight. He decided to just walk around for a while. Maybe that would sober him up. Probably not.

He stood up, stumbling a little in the process. The field was dark. Very dark. With Johns poor eye sight it might as well not exist. Of course, in the state he was in, he thought it was still a good idea to walk around out there. What's the worst that can happen?

John walked in the direction where he thought the little kid playground might be. Maybe Paul would be there? Who knows.

It seemed like he was walking forever and getting nowhere. It was too bloody dark and he was about to topple over and pass out with exhaustion. Speaking of toppling over...

John tripped and fell over a giant dark lump, landing on his stomach.

"Jesus! What the hell?"

He sat up, dusting off his jacket. The large lump seemed to move and it was whimpering quietly. John leaned forward, trying to make out who or what it was. He should have brought his bloomin' glasses. The only light he had was coming from the moon, which didn't help much.

"Hello?.." he whispered, tapping the thing on its...back? The lump lifted it's head slightly, looking straight at John. John suddenly thought: what if it's an alien? He chuckled pushing that thought out of his mind. It had to be a person.

"J-john?"

John gasped lightly. He knew exactly who that voice belonged to.

"Paul?" he asked, starting to laugh. "What're ye doin' on the groun'? Ye bum."

'Of course. John had to be the one to find me. And he's drunk out of all things!" Paul thought to himself.

Paul had been friends with John for a while, so he could tell when John was drunk very quickly.