Chapter Six

Paul awoke to the sound of Johns soft snores. He forced his eyes open only to notice it was only early morning. The room was still dark, the only light coming from the street lamps outside.
Paul shifted, trying to see what time the clock read. He was still wrapped in Johns arms, so he could only move slightly without waking him up.
5:02. His dad didn't usually get up for work until 6. He could still lay here for awhile.
Paul buried his head back into Johns chest and listened to his heartbeats. He wanted to stay like this forever. John was so soft and warm and Paul didn't want to move. But pretty soon it was 5:30 and Paul had to go home.
He sighed and sat up slowly, rubbing his face, trying to wake himself up. John was on the side of the bed closest to the window and Paul didn't know how he was supposed to get out of bed without waking him up.
Paul slowly and softly crawled to the end of the bed, making sure not to bump into John on the way. He stood and slid on his shoes, making his way to the window. He gave John a peck on the cheek and climbed out the window.
By the time he made it home it was about a quarter to six, so his dad wasn't up yet. Paul sauntered up the stairs careful not to step on the creaky parts. He went into his room and grabbed his school uniform, deciding he might as well get ready for school now.
He put his clothes on, combed his hair and made his way to the kitchen, fixing himself a bowl of cereal. As he sat down to eat, he wondered if anyone noticed he left last night. 'Probably not' Paul thought to himself.
Paul finished his cereal and sat on the couch, picking up a magazine from the table. He waited for his dad to come downstairs and, hopefully, apologize for last night. Paul hoped to God that his dad didn't mean what he said. He didn't want to have to avoid John. Although if his dad did mean what he said, he had already broken the rules and went to Johns house last night.
But he didn't want to have to sneak out at night when everyone's asleep to go see John. To see his boyfriend. Paul hoped that John was right. Everything will be fine.
"Good morning, Paul." His dad said, walking into the kitchen. Paul hadn't even heard him come downstairs.
"Good morning." Paul mumbled. He looked back down at the magazine, avoiding eye contact. He wanted his dad to to just tell him that he wasn't serious when he said that he couldn't be friends with John anymore. He wanted everything to go back to normal and not be so awkward.
"Where did you go last night?" Jim asked, casually. Paul's eyes widened, but then went back to normal. He set down the magazine and looked at his dad, who was making coffee.
"John's house." Paul stated, daringly.
"I thought I told you not to see that boy anymore."
"And I thought I told you that he's my bestfriend and I'm not just going to ignore him because you think he's a bad influence."
"He is a bad influence."
"You don't know him! You should try talking to him for once!" Paul was genuinely angry. His dad never even spoke a word to John before! He wouldn't know what he was like! "You can't just judge somebody without actually getting to know them!!"
Jim looked at Paul, starting to get annoyed.
"I don't want you to see him anymore. That's final." Jim went back to making his breakfast. Paul's face turned red from pure anger. He was about to burst and scream at his dad, but Mike walked in and Paul didn't want to scare him.
He sighed heavily and stomped up to his bedroom. This wasn't how it was supposed to go down. His dad was supposed to say he was sorry and he could still be friends with John. What was his problem with John anyway? He never did anything to his dad, so what was the problem?
Paul groaned and fell onto his bed. This was ridiculous. His dad was acting like a child;John wasn't that bad. He wished he could be back in bed, cuddling with John instead of dealing with this crap.
Paul rose from his bed, grabbing his school things and headed downstairs.
"Bye." Paul called, heading out the door. He did even wait for an answer before shutting the door. He headed toward school, not caring that he was 2 hours early. He didn't want to be in that house right now. Paul didn't care what his dad said, he wasn't going to ignore John.
Once Paul reached the school, he sat down on the steps and waited for everyone to show up.