Chapter one

Paul walked out the door, not quite ready to start another school year. He didn't particularly like high school that much, even though he was popular amongst many of the younger school boys because of the drawings he could make of naked women. But, a lot of the older kids bullied him often because he looked very "feminine", which doesn't make you feel too hot, especially when your close friend agrees.
John Lennon was Paul McCartney's best mate and fellow band memeber of the Quarrymen. He was well known in school for causing quite a bit of trouble, and failing most of his classes.
He was an intimidating guy; greased hair, leather jacket, and a cigarette always in hand. He was also very opinionated, which is the main reason he got in so many fights.
Even though he has the rock & roll image, he also wrote a lot of poetry and little stories as well as drawings. Which is why the only class he's passing is art.
John Lennon was an interesting character in general. That's why Paul liked being his friend....but every time he's near John he feels something strange yet nice. Something that made butterflies flutter in his stomach, something that made his hands sweat, something that could be......love.
No. He couldn't be in love with his best mate. He wasn't queer. He had a girlfriend, Dot, for Christ's sake. He was attracted to girls and only girls.
But John.
John strumming his guitar, singing a little tune with his adorable raspy voice. His rough, pink lips moving with the words sliding off of his tounge. His eyes soft and full of life. His body swaying to the melody and-
"Hey, Paul, wait up!"
Paul pushed that thought somewhere deep in his mind, coming back to reality. He turned around to see a young George running after him.
"Hiya Georgie."
"Hi," George stated, trying to catch his breath.
"Ready for another year of higher education?" Paul joked.
George chuckled.
The rest of the walk to school was silent, but a good silent. Just two friends enjoying eachothers company.
As soon as they made it to school, Paul decided he was going to avoid John. He didn't really like the thought if not talking to John all day, but he had to stay away from him until he cleared his mind.
Paul made his way to the front doors of the school, George still at his side. They walked into the noisy hallway, starting their search for their new lockers. Georges locker was about 10 lockers away from Paul's, which made him quite happy, not having to be far away from his friend.
As Paul was putting all of his notebooks into his empty locker, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around expecting it to be one of his bloody bullies, only to find a very handsome John Lennon standing there. He was relieved that it wasn't one of those stupid poofers, but also not so happy it was John. Paul mentally cursed himself for not being more cautious.
"'Ello Princess Paulie," John smiled.
"Hi," Paul blushed, not really thrilled about the nickname. He started organizing his locker, trying to avoid as much conversation as possible.
"Are ye coming to band practice after school? We're having it at my house, since Mimi won't be 'ome."
"Okay. Yeah I'll be there."
"Jolly good," John said in a sort of mocking tone. Paul couldn't help but smile at his teasing. He closed his locker and picked up his bookbag, throwing it over his shoulder.
"I have to get to class..." he stated awkwardly.
"Right. The princess must keep her reputation as miss goody goody," John teased.
"Yeah." Paul mumbled walking hurriedly to his class. John stood there, watching as Paul quickly walked away, slightly confused about his behavior. He usually always laughed at his wacky comments. Maybe it was because he basically called him a girl?
John shrugged it off walking over to George.
"What's the matter with Paul?"
"What do you mean?" George questioned, kind of irritated John didn't even say hi. He was always somewhat left out because John and Paul would talk about eachother 24/7 and never included George in many things.
"He's acting a bit strange."
"Probably just first day jitters. You know how 'e is."
John nodded slowly. It made perfect sense. Paul was such a drama queen sometimes so he's probably overreacting with his nervousness. John walked off to find Pete or stu, hoping Paul would be less nervous at lunch.
Meanwhile, Paul walked into his homeroom class. The first person he saw was his girlfriend. 'Good' he thought. Maybe she could get his mind off of John for awhile. She could even sit with him at lunch so things would be less awkward.
He sauntered over and sat down next to Dot, who was surrounded by tons of other girls.
"Hi Paul," dot said giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Hello, luv." Paul wrapped his hand around hers and smiled.
Suddenly the teacher walked in and welcomed his new class and gave the whole first day speech. He then dismissed everyone to first period. Paul's first period class was math. 'Fun' Paul scoffed. The day seemed to drag on until if was finally lunch time.
Paul picked up his things and threw them into his locker, grabbing his lunch. He practically ran to the cafeteria, bumping into a few people on the way.
Once he got to the lunchroom Paul spotted George sitting at a lunch table with Pete best. He wandered over and sat down across from them. Pete nodded towards Paul as if it were a silent hello. Paul nodded back.
"Where's John?" Paul asked before he could catch himself. He was trying to avoid John. 'Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.' He insulted himself.
"Dunno." Was all Pete said. He then got up and got into the lunch line.
Paul hadn't even opened his lunch bag yet. He was feeling anxious. Should he just tell John he had feelings for him? What would he do if he told him? He'd probably think he was disgusting and never talk to him again. Paul didn't want that to happen. But he didn't know if he could keep these feelings in anymore.
What feelings?! 'You are not queer!' Paul told himself. This was getting confusing!
"Are ye okay mate?" George asked, looking quite concerned.
"Yeah," Paul answered a little too quickly. George now understood why John asked about Paul's behavior. He was acting a bit off.
At that moment John came and sat down next to Paul.
"Hello boys," John said in a mocking girl voice. Paul shifted in his seat feeling quite uncomfortable in this situation. He wondered where Dot was.
"Hello." George said with a mouth full of food.
"George are you coming to practice after school? It's at my 'ouse."
"Oh shit, mate, I can't. I promised me mum I would do her shopping for her." George explained, taking another bite of his sandwich.
"Oh that's alrigh'. Mama's boy." John smirked and turned his attention to paul.
"Looks like it's only me and you, macca."
"Heh, yeah." Paul could feel his face get hot, and turn a red color. He didn't want to be alone with John! This wasn't good.
John gave Paul a confused look, which made Paul turn away. He hated acting like a poofer. This was so frustrating!
"Are you going to eat that?" George asked pointing to Paul's lunch bag.
"No." Paul pushed the bag over to George.
"Paul what's with ya today?" John asked in all seriousness.
"What do you mean?"
"You're acting like a bloody ponce."
Paul got up from the table, not being able to handle the pressure anymore.
"I have to go. See you after school." And with that Paul hurried off.
He soon found himself inside a bathroom stall, crying like a little baby. He hated this! He hated having to hide! He wished he could just tell John, even if John rejected him. But Paul didn't want to loose John as a friend. He just wanted to kiss John and see if he really had feelings for him. And what if he did? What then? All of a sudden he heard footsteps inside the bathroom. He tried to steady his breathing and keep quiet. He couldn't risk anyone finding him crying inside a bathroom stall.
"Paul? Are you in here?"
Paul's breath got caught in his throat. He knew that voice belonged to John. He didn't want John to see him crying.
"Paul?!"
"Yeah." Paul decided to answer. Maybe Paul could be vague with John about his...situation.
"Are you okay?"
Paul wiped his tear stained cheeks and exited the stall.
"What's happe-" Paul cut him off.
"John there's something I have to tell you."
"What is it?" Paul took a deep breath, preparing himself for what he was about to say.
"Promise you won't hate me?" Paul looked John straight in the eyes. John hesitated for a moment.
" ..I promise."
"John i fancy a bloke."