When they reached to a tall dark wood door, Maxwell was leaning against it, he smiled at the sight of them and stood up straight "Ahhh you are safe Caliope. Just a moment please."

He lifted a finger, made a half circle, and everyone heard the locks of the big door being unlocked. Caliope realized she never actually found out what his gifts were. The doors opened at an excruciating slow speed, and when a few inches were left to open fully, Caliope decided to just push the door and walk into the dark room. Amra tried to warn her 'wait!' but she was already inside the room. She saw Vanessa with her sleeves lifted up, sweating. Next to her a beaten Rawer was sitting in a chair; he had no ropes around him, anything that would show some kind of restraint, not even Pronab's chains. As soon as he saw her, he tried to move but he couldn't, he was immobilized in the chair. She looked around the dark room and at the corner, a grinning Meng Yi waved a few fingers. That made her understand what was going on; they were using their powers on him.

"Hey Caly, don't worry... I took care of him for you... how are you feeling?"

"Give me a minute and I will let you know."

She walked straight to him and raising a hand, finally slapping him hard. He growled at her and tried to move again but it was impossible for him. She gave a step back and took a deep breath, Amra walked next to her and rested his hands on her shoulders "I feel better now, thank you."

She was not smiling, but her body reflected a clear relief. Vanessa chuckled and walked to Pronab raising her hand and giving him a -high five-. Caliope frowned a bit to them but focused her attention back to Rawer. He had a black eye, broken lips and droplets of blood slid from the side of his forehead and lips; whatever Vanessa was doing to him clearly showed up to be painful and effective. "You really messed up big this time, you know? you couldn't just take a no for an answer, you had to do the most stupid things and try to get to me... you could have any girl you want! why the hell do you had to come for me!"

Rawer was furious and yet he couldn't move. He was also very quiet, which made her surprised. She looked back at Meng Yi and he stepped closer. "You are silencing him too?"

"His mind?, yes... Tian is locking his body... you want to hear him? he does not have good words to say."

"He already is immobilized, at least let him speak."

"As you wish, Asteria..."

He was clearly not happy but nor was he worried, he closed his eyes and only seconds after, Rawer was spitting on the floor "Stupid cunt! you should have never be allowed to live! you are just a gold digging slut!"

Amra walked a step closer, and with a hand he levitated him in the air, Caliope gasped and watched as the very own Rawer was panicking.

Elaine screamed "Amrafel stop! don't do something you will regret later!"

He turned his head and looked at her with determination "I won't regret this."

He looked back at Rawer and lifted his other hand, Caliope stood in front of them and Amra closed his eyes "what are you doing?"

"Stopping you from doing something you will regret later..."

"I won't..."

"...if you kill him, under my own eyes, you will lose me forever..."

He opened his eyes wide and stared at her. She had tears in her eyes but she was firm, determined. He kept Rawer's body suspended in the air but put his hands in her face "This is who I am, I warned you..."

"You can be a monster of justice to the universe, but to me, the thin line lays here... I don't care what means you take for an end... this is my choice... leave him alive."