Chapter 10

"Skylar!" I gasped, jumping up.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." Skylar placed his hands on either side of shoulders to help steady myself.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Skylar laughed.

My heart pounded against my chest, "You just scared me, that's all." I bit down on my lip nervously.

"Well, what are you doing out here alone?"

"I wasn't alone. I was here with a friend."

"Who's your friend?" Skylar smirked.

"Oh you don't know him." I lied, not making eye contact.

"Oh so you were here with a boy?" He sounded disappointed.

"Yeah, a boy." I narrowed my eyes at him, "anyways, what are you doing out here?" I questioned, placing my hands on my hips.

"I was just going for a walk, I didn't even know this place existed." He smiled, turning away and walking towards the edge of the lookout so he could look over the town.

"It's so beautiful out here." He breathed heavily.

"Yeah it is." I stepped forward so I was standing next to him.

"Jess?"

"Mhhmm." I mumbled, mesmerized by the sight of the town.

Skylar didn't say another word as he stepped in front of me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me towards him.

"What-What are you doing?"

"Shh." I felt his hot breath on my face.

I wanted to stop him. I needed to stop him. But the words wouldn't come out.

Skylar leaned in closer, I could feel his breath on my neck now.

A picture of Jason came into my mind. Jason is the one that I like.

I held my hands against Skylar's chest, pushing him away.

"No, Skylar. I can't do this!" I cried out.

"What's wrong, Jess?"

"I've got a boyfriend!"

A boyfriend? It felt so weird saying those words. Boyfriend. I wasn't even sure wether or not I was able to call Jason my boyfriend but it was too late now.

Skylar's eyes turned an icy blue and he started clenching his fists.

"I'm sorry, Skylar." I whispered.

"Who is he?" Skylar demanded.

"You don't know him." I quickly responded.

"It can't be that serious if you almost kissed me." He smirked.

Ugh I wanted to slap that smirk off of his face.

"Things are complicated for them to be serious." I said truthfully.

"Well I'm always here if things turn bad." Skylar laughed, placing his arm around me.

I stepped away.

"I'm not going to try anything now that I know where we stand, okay?"

I didn't believe him.

"Okay." I spoke softly.

"Look I like you Jess, but I'm not going to try anything that will possibly ruin our friendship."

I didn't know that Skylar liked me!

"You seriously like me?"

"Yeah, you're tall, blonde." He winked, but I just rolled my eyes. Typical men. Always thinking about looks.

"But.... You also have the best personality. You're cute when you sleep and you're such an amazing friend to Cassie." He smiled.

All of what he said made feel special inside.. Except when he said that I was an amazing friend to Cassie. I was probably the worst friend in the whole entire world for what I was doing to her. I just felt so bad.

"I have to go Skylar." I mumbled, turning on my heel in the other direction.

"Jess, I'll walk you home." I turned to see Skylar already next to me.

"No it's okay. I'm taking the bus."

"Well I will come with you." He urged.

"I just want to be alone, okay?" I stopped so I was facing him.

"You're also cute when you're mad. Did you know that your eye twitches? It's quite adorable."

I rolled my eyes, turned around and kept walking towards the bus stop.

I could feel Skylar's gaze on me but I chose to ignore him. The bus had arrived across the road, "Goodnight, Skylar." I said with one last turn before crossing the road and getting on the bus.

I woke up the next morning, my leg dangling over the side of my bed. I stretched my arms and legs, I did not have a good sleep. My eyes were sore and I was finding it hard to blink.

There was a knock at the door and my dads head appeared from around the door as it opened. "Morning sweetie." He smiled, carrying a tray towards me.

"Morning." I tried to smile.

He sat at the end of my bed as I sat up and he placed the tray on my lap. Upon the tray sat a plate with pancakes and bacon with maple syrup and a glass of orange juice. It smelled and looked delicious.

"It's not my birthday is it?" I asked confused.

"No... But I thought I'd do something nice for my daughter." My father laughed.

I smiled, a genuine smile at my dads kind gesture.

"Thank you."

"That's alright kiddo." My dad smiled, ruffling the top of my head.

"No." I mumbled. I always hated it when he did that.

"You got a phone call from that Jason guy again."

"Again?"

"Yeah, it's about the third time already."

I could feel myself smiling as my dad looked at me weirdly.

"Is he your boyfriend?" My dad finally spoke, breaking the silence.

I nearly chocked on the orange juice I was drinking. I wiped my mouth and place the glass back down on the tray before I make a mess.

"No.. well... I don't know..." I reply awkwardly. I would rather not have a conversation with my dad about boys, I find it embarrassing.

"Well... Before things get too serious I would like to meet this boy."

"Things aren't serious, don't worry dad." I smile, trying to get him to drop the subject.

"Has your mother had the talk with you?"

"The what?!" I can feel my cheeks starting to burn up. I'm too nervous to make eye contact with my dad.

"You know... The talk... When a man and a woman love each other blah blah blah. You know that stuff." He throws his hands in the air, I can tell this is just as awkward for him as it is for me.

"Yes!" I quickly reply.

My dad makes a weird cough noise, "Okay good." He responds and quickly leaves my room.

I hope that never happens again.

A.N : OMG! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update! I've just been very busy with exams :( sorry I know that is no excuse but I hope you forgive me! I know this chapter is very crap but I will try make the next one better! I promise... Thank you for everyone who actually reads this an votes! :) xx