Chapter 21

Authors Note:
A new chapter for you guys! Hope y'all enjoy👍 Y/n and Malik finally go on this date, so tell me what you guys think💜
•••
I watched patiently as the cheerios dipped down and swam around in the milk. Then I quickly dipped my spoon in before some of them had a chance to get soggy.

"mmhm" I hummed in satisfaction.

" y/n!" I heard being screamed. "girl you still there"

I jumped a little from the sudden voice. I looked all around my living room and then down on the counter at my phone. I quickly picked it up noticing that's where the voice came from.

" uh hello yeah" I mumbled with a mouth full of cereal.

" y/n its me...Kayla, we were talking and you said hold on."

I lightly bumped my forehead in realization.

" oh yeah I'm sorry girl, I was eating my Cheerios an-"

" don't sweat it, I know you go all nuts when your eating that stuff." She interrupted.

I was about to disagree but she was right. I loved me some Cheerios.

" ok so what were you saying anyway." I asked taking in another mouthful of cereal.

" oh I was asking you about your date tonight with your boo." She cooed.

I rolled my eyes. " he's not my boo."

" not yet."

" Kayla it's just a little date, I mean I've been on these things before."

" yeah but those were other ones, this one is with someone your actually in love with." She replied.

" Kay I'm not in love with him, Malik and I are just trying things out." I shrugged, like she could actually see me.

"whatever you say." She sang.

" so c'mon give me more details about It."

" about what."

" the date!" She screamed. " I mean you didn't tell Brianna and I that much after the game."

" well... I can't really do that."

"Why not?" She scowled.

" look Kay don't get me wrong I'd love to spill everything, but the thing is...I-I don't know anything about it."

The other line was quiet for a while.

" Kayla." I said. " Kay, Kayla" I echoed looking at the phone too see if I had lost the call.

but I didn't.

" Kay are y-" I started.

" what do you mean you don't know" she yelled all of a sudden.

I shivered a little from the sudden out burst.

" I mean exactly what I said." I replied.

"I seriously don't know anything." I admitted.

" so how you gonna know what to wear, what to expect, how to-"

" Kay chill okay." I chuckled. " I'm sure it's just a casual thing, I mean it is just a first date."

" plus he said he'd call me later... so he'll probably give me a hint or something."

" aight" she breathed. " I guess only you know your man."

I rolled my eyes at her comment.

" well anyway are you still coming to the party tonight."

" yeah" I nodded like she was next to me. " he's gonna bring me back home in time to get ready and stuff."