Chapter 12

Malik above🔝

~Y/n POV~
It was now Sunday night and I was bored out of my mind.
My mom went out wit some of her girlfriends and left me alone to die of boredom.

All yesterday and part of today my phone has been ringing and I was always reluctant to answer it, especially knowing it could be Malik. It's not that I don't want to talk to him. I just know that he's gonna want to start where we left off.

When i started tutoring Malik it was just straight up studying, no fooling around. Especially because his parents paid me top dollar to tutor him. Then one day during one of our study sessions we kissed and I shook it off . But to be honest throughout being with him more and more we both started to grow actual feelings for each other. It became like a friends with benefits relationship and then his parents split up and he switched schools. I was heartbroken and distant from everyone for weeks.
Then trey came along---he was the new hottest thing in school. All the girls chose him, but he chose me. He made me feel like I was the only girl in the world, and I felt special even when he just looked at me. Something in him reminded me of Malik, so when he asked me for my heart I gave it to him. Only to find out he's a dirty liar and an asshole. But it's aight because karma is a bitch. Am I right?

I was currently watching reruns of fresh prince and eating cookie dough. Man I swear Carlton have problems! Like the dance he be doing kills me every time.
"In west Philadelphia born and raised, the playground is where I spent most of my da-" I sang until my phone started to vibrate. This time I pushed the thought of Malik aside and was actually happy because it could be an opportunity to get out the house. I looked at the screen and it read 'boo thang' which got me confused because no one was saved in my phone as that.
"Hello" I said through the phone.
"So you do exist" a male voice said on the other side.
I sighed knowing exactly who it was.
"Yes Malik, now how can I help you" I replied in a sarcastic tone.
" you really wanna know" he said in a low seductive voice. I already knew he was smirking through the phone.
"Boy you better tell me why you calling otherwise, bye" I said
"Okay, okay I just wanted to hear your voice aight. I mean you have been avoiding my calls" he said talking truthfully.
"Well, I'm sorry Malik but you know I'm a busy girl" I said lying through my teeth. I didn't do shit today.
"Yah I know. you were always miss independent"
"Still am actually"
"Well good" he said chuckling. "I like that in a girl"
"You would"
"Your right" he said in this voice which gave me chills even through the phone.
But I know Malik he would've already gotten to the point, so why is he beating around the bush?
"Malik I know your not just calling to hear me 'talk'. So what do you really want?" I said waiting for his reply.
"Well...y/n to be honest I never did forgot our past and I know when I left the school it kinda cut off what we had-but I wanna start over." He said sounding like he really meant it.
"Malik I don't know if-"
"Look y/n I know I left and you probably even have a boyfriend now with a lot more new things going on. But we don't even have to go as far as an actual relationship, baby girl we could at least become good friends again." He explained, giving me a whole lot to think about.
I stayed silent for a long time in my thoughts. I mean Malik did sound genuine in his words, so maybe being friends again wouldn't be so bad.
"Uh hello, baby girl you there"
" yeah, I'm here." I said smiling at his nickname for me. " ok first of all I'm single and second yes"
"What do you mean yes?"
"I'm saying yes to the fact you wanna be friends again, but listen keyword is 'friends' right" I said
"Well...yah...but I was just saying that" he said sounding shocked I even took the offer.
" alright then forget abo-" I said teasing him until he cut me off.
"Okay, okay but I was just letting you know it's gonna be hard. You know, you being beautiful and all. Buuuttt I guess I could try to control myself." He said.
"Shut up" I said laughing.
"Hey y/n" he said after a while.
" yeah" I said
"Thx"
" for what" I said confused.
" for the second chance, I mean I thought It was gonna take like fifty years before you even picked up your phone. You are stubborn you know."
" hey! I am not. Don't be mad cause you got denied" I said teasing him.
" me. denied. If you didn't pick up the phone one more time I would've found you and---well you don't want to know." He said chuckling.
" no, tell me I wanna know. What would've you done!" I said now amused by our conversation, kinda like old times.
"just forget it, your too young to understand" He said. I could feel him smiling through the phone. "You know baby girl I should let you sleep. Independent girls need their rest" he said sounding like my mother.
" yeah, whatever Malik" I said secretly sad the conversation had to come to an end.
" hey! I forgot I have a surprise for you" He said whispering quieter than normal. I hated when he did that.
"Okay what is it, and why are you whispering, you know I hate that." I said stating a fact.
" i know and plus I can't tell you! You gotta wait till tomorrow." He said in that soothing voice of his.
" but Malik...I want to knoww" I said whining. I also wasn't a person for surprises.
" y/n you moaning my name is not helping this whole friend thing" he said in a almost too serious voice which made me chuckle.
" then tell me" I said teasing him.
" just wait till tomorrow aight. Plus next time you'll learn to answer your phone."
" whatever" I said knowing he was exactly right. Another thing I hated.
" so I'll see you tomorrow, right"
" yah but I have school, you know that right." I said making sure he knew school came first in my house before 'hanging out'.
"I know I do too" he said
" so what are you suggesting, that I skip" I said hoping that he wasn't.
"Nah never. see this is all part of the surprise." He said still teasing me.
"O-Kay" I said still confused. "Anyway, I gotta go to bed before my mom comes home and finds out I'm still up." I said my eyes feeling heavy already.
"Aight I'll let you sleep. Goodnight baby girl"
"Goodnight Malik" I said hanging up.
I put off the tv downstairs and ran up the stairs to my bedroom where I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep almost instantly. I just wonder what this 'surprise' Malik has is all about.