Chapter 5

Tao moves swiftly as Kris goes in for an attack. Kris grunts as Tao's leg shoots out, squarely hitting the middle of his back, knocking him forwards. Kris rolls, ending up on his feet and turns to face Tao who's already doing a flip, his leg kicking out.

Kris arches back just in time, narrowly missing Tao's foot. Tao shoots out another leg but this time, Kris is ready. He grabs Tao's leg, spinning him so he ends up on the ground. Kris immediately straddles his waist, pinning Tao to the ground.

"You've got moves, angel," Kris says with a breathy laugh.

Tao smiles before grimacing under Kris's weight. Kris promptly gets off only to be knocked to the ground and pinned by Tao.

"Got you," Tao says with a grin.

A half second later, Kris has switched their positions. "Now who's got who?" Kris asks, smirking.

Tao laughs before smacking Kris's arm playfully. "You do..."

~

"Yah!" Sehun cries out as he trips once again, falling over the edge of the island.

He flails wildly as he shoots down at a rapid pace increasing by the second. His wings shoot out only to cause pain as they flap helplessly.

He clenches his eyes shut, wrapping his arms tightly around himself. He whimpers as he accepts his fate and doesn't struggle as he falls into oblivion.

There's a flapping of wings and then strong arms around him, holding him close. He no longer feels himself falling or the cool breeze but a warmth pressed against his side. After a moment, he lets himself open his eyes, looking up at the throat and chin of the main angel himself.

He shifts slightly and upon feeling the movement, Luhan looks down, his eyes filled with concern. Sehun stares at him, open mouthed. Luhan smiles at him reassuringly before glancing up. Sehun does the same and he sees the bottom of the islands forming in the distance.

Luhan takes in a deep breath before pushing harder, flying as fast as he possibly can. He gets himself and Sehun onto his island in under a minute.

"I..." Sehun pauses as Luhan holds up a hand.

Luhan is bent over, breathing heavily as he tries to catch his breath. Sehun reaches out, rubbing Luhan's back reassuringly.

Luhan stands up and Sehun quickly pulls his hand away as if he's horrified about what he just did.

"Th-Thank you... So much," Sehun says. "I... I don't know what to say to make it up to you... I know I can't...  I... I'm sorry about everything I said before... I didn't mean it... I'm just... Not used to someone being kind to me..."

Luhan puts a finger on Sehun's lips, silencing him. "It's okay... I know you're not used to this and I know it's going to take some time getting used to... But I'm willing to wait until you're okay."

Sehun gives him a nervous smile. "Thank you... I really appreciate it..."

Luhan nods, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Yeah, anytime."

Sehun takes in a deep breath before launching himself forward and hugging Luhan. Luhan lets out a soft cry as he stumbles backwards, falling onto his back. In the air, Sehun shifts so he takes the fall, grunting as Luhan lands on top of him.

"Thank you," Sehun murmurs, nuzzling his face into Luhan's neck. "I'm sorry if... If I'm a little too close..."

Luhan lets out a breathy laugh. "No, it's no problem... Just... Be careful next time, okay? I'll help you out."

Sehun smiles. "Okay... Thanks..."

"Stay at my place... I'll be able to keep an eye on you," Luhan suggests nervously, hoping he's not pushing Sehun.

Sehun squeezes Luhan gently. "That sounds perfect... Thank you..."

"I don't want to jinx it... But I'm glad you're comfortable with me," Luhan admits quietly.

"I am too," Sehun whispers. "I am too, Luhan... I am too..."