The ballroom at almack's was huge, Aileen has been here before once or twice, but every time she visited, it seems to get even colossal. Aileen did not realised she was still holding Damon's arm and looked at him. He seemed to be looking here and there as if finding someone. Thinking rationally she spoke, "well, since as they say, we are fashionably late, and dance has already started, would you like to..." but before Aileen could complete, he spoke" well i dont dance, and i guess you  dont have to worry for yourself as i am sure, tonight your dance card will be filled with requests from many men, of title" 

Damon lifted his arm from her grasp and moved towards the crowd leaving her behind. The nerve of the man, Aileen thought to herself, he was supposed to chaperon her, and he did not even spare a second glance at her while leaving her here, in middle of congregation of people, where she does not even knew a single soul. Aileen sighed and located refreshments a bit far, at least she can have as much champagne as she wish as her chaperon would not be there to stop her.

It has almost been an hour, since Aileen and Damon reached the ball and now Aileen was bored out of her guts. Many suitable men of title have asked her for dance but she refused giving different explanations to everyone. Then, she spotted Damon, he was dancing a waltz with some lady, she was gorgeous, blond curls flowing down her back, dressed in a midnight blue gown enhancing her curvaceous frame, well when he had such company to dance with, why would he bother spending his precious time dancing with Aileen, she thought. 

"Thats Stephanie phillipe, a widow, her husband died two years back, since then, she has involved herself in gossiping and flirting" Donna Lorenzo spoke from behind Aileen, noticing her gaze on the couple. Aileen nodded at Donna and gulped down her flute of champagne in one go. Donna was a good host and Aileen developed a liking to her as she seemed honest and sincere.

Well after saying he dont dance, there he is dancing with his possibly mistress ignoring Aileen completely. Now its enough, it does not matter anymore, she'll have some fun too. Then as if listening to Aileen's inner turmoil, a fine gentleman stood before her, he was a bit taller than her and had coffee brown hair with chocolate eyes. He smiled at Aileen,"My lady" he bowed down at her, taking her hand in his and pressing a lingering kiss over there, keeping his gaze on her face.Aileen blushed and bowed a courtesy before him" Do i know you from somewhere??" she asked.

The gentleman smiled," well i apologise for my ignorance, I am thrilled to make your aquaintance, i am Simon Grisham, Earl of Theodore." Aileen smiled at him and said"My lord, pleasure to make your acquaintance too". He again smiled at her" Forgive me my lady but i have been observing you since evening started, you have not participated in one dance, if i may be bold enough to ask you for this waltz" he raised his eyebrows at her questioningly. Why not, she thought, after all a few minutes ago she promised herself to have some fun. "Well i will be honoured, My lord" He offered her his arm and she placed her hand in crook of his arm and soon they were dancing the waltz on the floor.

Lord Simon was a fine gentleman with tall and broad stature with firm musculature, as Aileen could feel his muscles moving with his arms and the way he was holding her. They danced formally a waltz and then he asked her for another dance. She obliged with him as propriety allowed only two dances with one gentleman. But this time Aileen felt a bit uncomfortable as, he was more intimate this time and his eyes were more fixed on her bosom than her face. His smile also turned into a playful smirk."Well i guess milady, since propriety only allows two dance at a time, why dont we move to some place secluded after this dance" Simon whispered huskily inching too close to her ear. "Well i guess, two dances were enough for me to judge you, My Lord and its also enough for the evening" Aileen stepped behind creating some distance between them and turned around without giving any courtesy to him.