The City Under The Sea

This used to be one of my storys but it was to much of a hassel to keep writing so i'm going to post just what I have already written here for all of you to enjoy!

City Under The Sea: Prologue

It is the year 2135, 123 years after the outbreak. The Apocalypse did not come in fire, or ice, or disease. And it only came to some. It gave us two things, powers, and immortality. But it took from us our family's, our friends, and the surface world. They built a city under they sea to keep us from harming the people that were still normal. My name is Rhea Conner, I was 16 and the youngest to change when it came.

2013, 16th, July:  122 years ago

"Do it again,Rhea! Do it again!" Noah shouted excitedly

I sighed, "But Noah, it's Nora's turn now!" I sighed dramatically, before I go any further I should explain what my "talent" is. Basically it is a very specific type of psychic illusion. With enough information I can build a "reality" around a single person or multiple people. Noah, my brother, he liked being in Old New York with his heroes. However my little sister, Nora, absolutely loved being a princess. I guess because they were only 4 they loved getting away from the real world.

" But Rhea!"

" No buts, it's Nora's turn now! But you can play later, okay Noah?"

"ok Rhea..."

Man, I hated making those kids sad, but they needed to learn to take turns! I guess I really truly loved them.

As I moved towards the hallway to find Nora I heard some unfamiliar voices.

"ma'am is this the home of the Connors?" a man asked

"Of course it is sir, I'm Lauren Connors. What can I help you with?" my mother replied with an even tone, she doesn't like men in suits.

" ma'am we need to speak with, Ummm, Rhea Connors?"

"My daughter? Why?"

"It's about the gen.1 relocation project ma'm"

"Oh My Good Lord! Your taking her away aren't you?"

"ma'am it's for your safety. And I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but we have a plan fo....."

"A plan?!?! A Plan!?!? What sort of plan involves you taking away my daughter from me?!?!" my mother shouted nearly hysterical.

I knew I had to intervene now before my mother did something crazy. "Mum, calm down! why don't we go into the sitting room and have a nice civil conversation about this topic" I said as rationally as could.

"Yes, yes. that would be a good idea." my mother mumbled to her self, and began walking to the sitting room. I nodded my head at the gentle man at the door inviting him inside.

By the time we were all sitting down my mother had calmed down enough to talk to the man. "Ma'am my name is John Kirkbride, I am one of the men assigned to this are to keep an eye on the abnormal's, no offence miss" he started in a business like manner

"None taken." I replied, at least he was using the term applied by the government.

"Yes we know that your name was on the paper as one of the direct correspondents to talk to if we had any problems." my mother replied quizzically

"Then you also know that having the abnormal's living in regular environments was just a temporary measure?"

"Yes, does this mean that they've come up with a permanent solution?"

"Yes ma'am, it does," he paused to bring up his briefcase and set it on the table. He opened it and pulled out several diagrams of what appeared to be a rather large city, "This is the prototype of a city we are currently building on the floor of the Atlantic ocean. It will be large enough to house all currently known abnormal's and any possible future ones. We can guaranty that your daughter will be safe and that you can have regular correspondence with her if need be."