Chapter 4

We had begun construction on the coop, and on the side, planning on some sort of trap, the first day of him staying here has not yet ended, and we were expecting an attack tonight.

We went inside and he had fixed the power grid, the power was on and working very well, which was a great relief so that I could start watching TV again, since the remote was also fixed by yours truly, I finally won't have to be watching GovernmenTV again :D I was very overjoyed.

it was in the late afternoon when we finished cleaning the mess, and we put everything back the way it used to be, and went down into the basement to retrieve my phone, while we were down there, we also locked and barred the cellar door for good measure, but thank goodness my phone wasn't in any way harmed, so I went back upstairs to the couch to get back on the couch to begin texting Allie.

Allie: So how'd it go?
Lauren: Well, the police officer I told you about is staying here, too much has happened for me to type :/
Allie: Awesome... is he cute? ;)
Lauren: omg Allie.
Allie: like srsly though
Lauren: -_- I'll ignore that. But I was bored and I went on Onegla c:
Allie: Awesome c:<
Lauren: Oh please, Allie... I went on the text chat and I was only on for 2 people who both were crap
Allie: Pff you haven't seen anything till you go on video chat
Lauren: Eeegh... I'll ttyl

I had gotten off of the phone and sat on the couch, everything at the moment seemed safe and perfect.

Kenton had came back in the room and we sat on the couch.

"It's getting pretty dark out, I locked the doors so I think we're pretty much safe." Kenton said

"At least you'll know what I've been talking about if this guy comes again tonight!" I replied

"You have nothing to worry about, I have a loaded gun and I've been through 48 hours of training with it! So I know a thing or two about using it." Kenton replied

I went to my room to get some sleep since last night didn't go so well, and he went into the next room where his stuff was set up.

It was dark out, and at about 10:00, a sound of glass shattering, rang out from the living room, I got up and Kenton had just gotten up to see what it was, we both cautiously went to the kitchen where the sound had come from; there was glass with bloodstains all over the floor, as if the window was just punched, Kenton ran out with a flashlight and his gun, I curiously followed, at the window where the guy had broken, there was a message in blood on the side of the house.

YOU'RE DEAD, LITTLE GIRL.

We were standing there, shocked, at the message.

"Well at least this guy has good grammar." Kenton tried to be humorous.
I shot him a funny "Wat?" look, but inside I was kind of giggling.

I went back to bed as Kenton reassured me that I will be alright, and that he was going to stand guard and keep watch, so I had to put all of my trust in him that night.

As some hours of sleep past, I was awoken by the window in my room breaking, some glass shards had hit me and made cuts in my arm, Kenton ran in seeing me on the floor, the look on his face I saw was the most frightened face I had seen in my life, I then looked to what he was looking at behind me out the window, I saw a figure in the far darkness, waving a skin of his last victim.
My stomach churned, I was disgusted and close to vomiting, I will never forget what I had seen.

Kenton reached at his gun and aimed out toward him, and fired 10 shots, we didn't know at the time if it hit him or not.

"I need to call the police station for backup." Kenton said, as he reached out his phone from his back pocket, we went to the living room, when he called: there was no answer.
We both assumed that the sheriff's office was closed since its in the middle of the night.

"Ugh, I can't wait until it's morning." I thought.

He had suggested that we sleep in the same room, so we went into his room where the window was intact, and I did my best to fall asleep, but I was just so tired: that amazingly I was able to.

as I was sleeping, Kenton was looking out the window, after an hour, he had went to the kitchen to grab a drink, and was gone for only a minute, when he came back, there was a skinned face, sticking to the window from it's blood, he then carried me in my sleep to the Bathroom in the bathtub, the bathroom had no windows, and he closed the bathroom door, to keep watch and shelter me.