So Close Yet So Far (gnelms)

~Graces POV~

MOM!!! I scream from my room. It was the day before we left to go to Disney World and I couldn't find my floaties. Yes my floaties, I can't swim very well and by very well I mean I can't swim without holding on to my mommy screaming DON'T LET ME DROWN!!!!

I heard a loud GRACE from the other room and I ran in there to tell her about my floaty situation.

Hey mom do you know where my floaties are I can't seem to find them anywhere! She chuckled as she walked into the laundry room and came back out with a pair of pink Minnie Mouse floaties.

MOM what in the world are these! I yelled with a grin slowly creeping onto my face. That's all we have Grace, remember you left your purple ones on the cruise last year.

Oh yeah. I said feeling depressed remembering that I left my floaties on the boat and remembered as soon as we got of the boat.

Well I guess I will just have to use these hopefully no one notices. I said walking back to my room.

I grabbed the usual things that you take on vacation(I won't go into detail) and I walked out of my room to put my suitcase by the door so we could leave in the morning.

I walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, hair, and washed my face and headed to bed. I slipped under my covers and slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

*************

Grace get your fat but up and get ready we are going to be late for our plane! I felt my sister slap the side of my head but I didn't feel like waking up.

BAM! I shot up out if the bed and feel a stinging pain in my back.

MOM NOEL PUNCHED ME! I yelled trying to get my little sister in trouble for hitting me.

SHE WOULDN'T WAKE UP! Noel yelled from the other side of my room. I turned over and looked her straight in the eyes and said, you will get payback you little demon!

She ran away crying and screaming mommy Grace called me a bad name!

Whatever I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes and shut my door. I didn't care about anything else in the universe except for today. 1st reason because Disney world Duh! 2nd of all it's my 13th birthday!

I walked to my closet grabbed a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a purple t-shirt. I didn't want to dress to uncomfortable, since I was going to be on a plane for 3 hours.

Walking to the kitchen felt like 10 years had passed. But When I got there pancakes, eggs , and bacon were eating for me with 3 wrapped presents.

I sat down to eat my food. I scarfed it down just so I could open my presents!

The first one I opened was wrapped in a purple bag that said To:Grace From:Noel. Oh great I can't wait to see what this loser got me. I opened really slowly not caring what was in it. I took out the last price of tissue paper and saw that she got me hello kitty underwear!

NOEL WTF IS THIS! I yelled kicking her in the shin.

Grace don't talk to your sister like that apologize now! I looked at Noel once against like I did earlier this morning and said, Payback Demon.

She ran to her room crying like a little baby. My mom looked at me with a disappointed look while my dad was trying not to giggle. My mom slapped his arm to get him to stop and he did.

Grace go finish getting ready. I turned to look at her and she yelled NOW! I ran to my room slamming the door, Noel never gets in trouble for anything It's always my fault!

I rolled my eyes went to the bathroom to get finished getting ready.

I brushed my teeth, hair and put on a little bit of powder, blush, and mascara. I walked out of the bathroom and back to my room to get my shoes.

Grace we are leaving in 5 minutes! My dad yelled from his room. I slipped on my white converse and grabbed my suitcase to put it in the car.

Can you please grab my suitcase and put it in the car? I heard Noel whimper as she looked at me with teary eyes. Why was she still crying? I didn't hit her that hard did I? Sure Noel, I said trying not to scare her off again. Are you still crying because of me? I asked her softening my tone.

No. Her eyes started welling up again and she ran back into the house.Well that was weird.

DAD, I thought you said we were leaving in 5 min!?

We will be out there in a minute grace get Noel in the car and ready to go! He yelled from his bedroom. There were loud crashes in the bedroom but I couldn't worry about that right now, I had to get Noel in the car and ready to leave.

About 10 minutes after the time they said to be ready, they finally came walking out of the house with their suitcases. They put them in the trunk and got into the car.

The car ride was quite boring, dad drove, mom was on her phone, Noel read one of her Mystery books and I was listening to music on my phone and looking out the window.

Noel leaned over to me and whispered, Grace why was mommy yelling and daddy this morning? I had a very confused look on my face, I had no clue what he was talking about. What are you talking about Noel, I didn't hear anything.

Well I was walking by their room while bringing my suitcase to the car and mommy yelled something like, I knew something was going on, and then daddy sounded like he broke something and yelled it was nothing, shes nothing!

What was Noel talking about I hadn't heard the yelling and screaming, but I always try to block all of the noise in the house out of my head. I turned to look at her with still a confused expression, I don't know why we will just have to figure it out later. Ok?

She nodded her head and went back to her book. I leaned my seat back and took a nap the rest of the way to the airport.

*******

Grace wake up. Noel was poking me and and pointing at a big building I'm guessing was the airport. We all stepped out of the car and grabbed our suitcases. Everyone was silent on the way into

the airport. The lady on the intercom called our plane and we went to aboard.

We had separate seats so Noel and I sat 3 rows back from our parents.

The plane ride was long I go peanuts and a couple of sodas. Noel was asleep the whole time so I had no one to talk to.

A few hours later we were finally there.

We were in Florida and on the way to Disney world.....