My Pain Is Gone

Penny's POV

The jury has been in the jury room for two hours. He's obviously guilty. I pace back and forth in the hall. I'm nervous. Pam says,

"Penny, he confessed. He's guilty. "

I sit next to her and ask, "Then what's taking the jury so long? "

Jason walks over to us and says,

"The jury is back. "

We hurry into the court room.

The bailiff says, "All rise. "

We stand up. Judge Harrison asks,

"Have you reached a verdict? "

The jury foreperson says, "We have, your Honor. "

"What say you? "

"We the jury find the defendant Michael Jackson, guilty on all counts. But, we do not agree on the sentence. We believe he needs to be committed into a psychiatric hospital. "

Judge Harrison says, "I understand your request and will take it into consideration. Court is adjourned. "

Pam hugs me and says, "We won. "

I say, "It's finally over. "

I look over at Michael. He's smiling as if he won. He seems to be in another world. When the guards try to handcuff him, Michael snatches one of their guns. I yell,

"He's got a gun! "

Everyone screams and watches in horror. Michael yells,

"Stay back! Stay back! "

He aims it at the guards. They put their hands up. Michael moves to the center of the courtroom. He says,

"I'm not going back to the hospital! That place is horrible! I've been there before when I was a kid! No more treatment! No more! Please! "

I have to stop this. I say,

"Michael, put the gun down! "

He looks at me and aims the gun my way. I freeze instantly. He says,

"Penny, I love you. But I can't take this anymore. What's the point of life if no one loves me? "

No! No! Don't do it! I say,

"Michael that's not true! Plenty of people love you! "

He laughs and says, "Nice try. But no one loves a murderer. I want to see my girls again. This is the only way. "

He puts the nose of the gun to his temple. I yell,

"Michael! Please! No! "

He smiles and says,

"This shitty town will be talking about this for years. Not so boring anymore is it? "

BANG!

He pulls the trigger. His lifeless body falls to the ground. My body begins to tremble. He shot himself.... He shot himself..

My dad wraps his arms around me and leads me out of the courtroom. I don't say a word. I can't he did that! I can't believe he did that...

"He shot himself... "

Dad whispers, "Shh, Penny. It's over. It's over. "

I continue to mumble, "He shot himself... He shot himself... He shot himself... "

1 Year Later

It's been a year since those crazy events. Since then, I've moved again to a much better town, I pulled my grades up, and I got into a good college. I want to be a therapist when I graduate college.

I always think about what happened. Michael never leaves my mind. He lingers there all the time. I've been to therapy and it helped.

I want to help others who've been through traumatic events. I want to help heal them.

Things are pretty good. But I keep getting the feeling like someone's watching me. Like what happened with Michael wasn't the end....but the beginning.

I guess for now...my pain is gone.

If there's a request for book two I'll think about it. And trust me, I know exactly how this will remain a Michael Jackson Fanfiction. Hope you enjoyed! :)