The Ugly Truth

** Liz's POV **

I watched as a couple and their child were walking hand-in-hand on the other side of the street. Something about the couple looked so familiar. The child however looked nothing like her parents. The child was picked up by her father and her mother leant her head against the father's shoulder. I walked out the door with the pizza box still in my hands, trying to remember where i've seen the couple before. I looked closer, making sure they couldn't see me. The mother's face looked very similar to mine... she looked just like my own mother but... it couldn't be. I looked at the father's face and saw that he wore the same glasses as my father's and he had the same big and green eyes like i had. This couple... they were my parents. But who was the child they were with? 

" Daddy! Put me down!" the little girl squealed as she squirmed in my father's arms.

Daddy? No... they replaced me? They've forgotten about me already? But how could they? I knew it... I knew they didn't love me. I bet they've been waiting to get rid of me ever since i've been born. 

I was in so much shock that I had dropped the pizza but thankfully, it didn't jump out from the box. My 'parents' looked towards my direction but i quickly picked up the pizza box and ran back inside my house. 

As I slammed the door behind me, I felt the tears start to form in my eyes but I couldn't cry now. Everyone's here and I already told them that I was okay when honestly, I never was. And now, things are worse.

'Come on, Liz. Not now while you're having a great time with your friends. Don't ruin it with your tears. Save them for later...' I said to myself as I entered the living room once more, trying to wear the best smile i could. I entered just in time to see Gerard in Frank's arms as he cowered in fear. A real smile curled onto my lips as I watch Gerard cling onto Frank tightly and bury his head into Frank's chest. 

I squeezed myself beside Gerard as everyone huddled together, waiting for Sadako to jump out of the t.v. screen. I leant my head against Gerard, not paying attention to what was going on in the movie anymore as my thoughts wandered back to my parents and their probably adopted child. 

" What took you so long?" Gerard whispers, turning his head from the screen and looking at me in concern. 

" I just got distracted. It's no big deal." I lie, shrugging as i wrap my arms around his. 

I'm not such a good liar so Gerard had to stare it me for a few seconds before shrugging it off and pulling me close as our attention turned back to the t.v. screen. 

***

It was nine in the evening and everyone had just left. Mikey went up ahead as usual to go practice on his bass guitar. Gerard was in the bathroom and I was on the couch, filled with misery. Tears were building up inside of me but I couldn't cry. Not now while Gerard was still awake. Instead, I dug my face into a pillow, trying to think of anything else I could.

" I think we'd better head to bed now, Liz. You comin?" Gerard asks, coming out of the bathroom and gesturing me to go upstairs.

I get up off the couch and nod at him slowly, trying to pull a straight face. We head up the stairs and Gerard was just about to enter my room just like every other night but this time I stopped him. 

" Gerard, I think you better sleep in your room tonight." I say, running a hand through my hair. 

 " Um... okay. Is something wrong? Gerard asks, with worry in his eyes. 

" I just... need to get some songs done tonight and I need to concentrate if I want to be as famous as you guys are probably gonna be. Plus, I think you could use a night without me clinging onto you like a Koala." I lie, laughing a bit.