A New Start

** Elizabeth's POV **

I woke up  to the annoying sound of my alarm clock beeping. I gave a loud groan and flipped myself over, letting my face sink into my pillow. I pulled up the covers, trying to block the sound from entering my eardrums so I could get at least a few winks of sleep. It was no use. The alarm clock wouldn't shut up so I groggily got out of bed. I slammed my hand against the snooze button so hard that it fell of the table. I gave an annoyed sigh and picked it up to check the time. 

It's 7:00. Why the fuck am I awake at fucking 7:00?! I placed the clock back down and ran towards the calendar which was hanging from my bathroom door to check what valid reason my mom had to set my alarm this early. August 30. Fuck. First day of school today. I slammed my head against the door once in annoyance and pushed it open. I splashed some water onto my face to keep my eyes open. I looked up at the mirror and smiled to myself as I saw that my hair was no longer blonde but a nice auburn. I dyed it yesterday before i slept so my parents wouldn't see it until this morning. I started brushing my teeth and messing my hair up at the same time. I like my hair messy. I walked out of the bathroom towards my closet which was on the right side of my bed as my toothbrush still hung from my mouth. I was glad that I threw out all of my pink clothing and mini skirts last week while my mother wasn't looking. I never liked pink and I never will. I walked back towards my bathroom and spat out the remaining toothpaste in my mouth and headed back towards my closet. I put on some red skinnies and a black crop top which had a skull painted at the center in red. I put on my old and reliable black converse and headed out of my room, down the stairs. 

I walked towards the breakfast table and saw my mother holding a pitcher of orange juice with her mouth wide open and her eyes fixed on me. She walks over to my father who looks up at me from his newspaper and gives me a disapproving glare. I just shrug and ignore them. I grab a cookie and start to nibble on it as I chug down the milk from the carton I took from the fridge. I placed the carton back into the fridge and wiped my mouth with my arm in satisfaction. I grabbed my bag which wa shanging at the back of one the chairs and saluted my parents before I headed out the door, leaving them speechless. 

Wow that felt so good, I thought to myself as I stood on the curb, waiting for the school bus to arrive. I've never disobeyed my parents my whole life. I've always let them tell me what to do and who to be and I was getting sick of it. I'm probably violating a whole lot of rules right now and i'm probably going to have to explain myself later but I don't care. Not at all.

As the bus pulls up on the curb, I climb up slowly and confidently. I look up and see that everyone has shocked expressions on their faces, I  hear some faint gasps and whispers as I pass by their seats but I ignore them. I take a seat on an empty seat in the middle of the bus. I plug in my headphones and set the volume to the loudest it can go.

Soon enough, the bus pulls up in front of a large building. A place I would like to call my prison cell. Westbridge High. I swing my bag over my shoulder and walk down the steps, following the path towards the main entrance of the school. I watch as people surround the front of the school, chatting with their friends about how great their summer has been and how wondeful it was to see each other again. Too bad I didn't have any friends anymore actually, they never were my friends.

I push through the doors of this wretched place and sighed as more eyes started to fix on me. I just focused on Set The World on Fire, blasting from my headphones. I head towards my locker with my head held high. I put in the combination and remove my headphones from my ears, stuffing my bag into the locker.

As I slam it shut, I start to hear the sound of someone getting slammed into some of the lockers. I hear the familiar voice of someone i've despised the most.  I folow the noise and watch as the poor guy gets pinned up against the wall. 

" Look at this creep." I hear one guy say as he stands behind the guy pinning the kid up against the wall.

" Isn't this the new kid?" another guy asks with a smirk.

" Why yes it is. Let's give him a welcoming greeting shall we?" the boy with the familiar voice says with an evil grin as he raises his fist.

My heart begins to clench and soon enough my temper began to rise.

" Leave him alone! " I shout as I walk up to the group of boys and push them off the poor guy.

" Well  who might this be?" the guy I despised said with a grin as he stepped up to face me with his boys behind his back.

" Why, it's your ex-girlfriend, Ricky. Don't you recognise me?" I say with a smirk as people start to gather around, trying to find out what the commotion was about.

He looks at me with wide eyes and soon enough, recognition starts to fill his eyes.

" Babe? What the fuck happened to you? Why do you look like a fucking emo?!" he exclaims in disbelief.

" First of all, i'm not your babe. Second of all, i'm not emo. And lastly, I want you to leave this guy alone. I'm so sick of you doing this all the time!" I shout at him, giving him a death glare.

People start to whisper some more and some just stand and stare. 

" Why should I listen to you?  You're not my problem anymore."  Ricky says, rolling his eyes as he pushes me away and grabs the guy by his collar.

I push Ricky off the guy as I grab his arm and squeeze it tightly. I give him a big punch on the nose and kicked him in the crotch, making him drop down to the floor in pain. 

I grabbed the poor guy by the wrist and dragged him out of the scene. We come to a stop as we reach an empty hallway. We just stand there for a while, catching our breath. Suddenly I feel a hand rest against my shoulder. I look up and meet the most beautiful hazel eyes I have ever seen.

" Thanks for erm... helping me out." he says with a friendly smile.

" No problem." I say, wearing the same smile.

I take a closer look at him to see that he had a messy mop of jet black hair and a pale complexion. There were some black circles surrounding both his eyes probably from lack of sleep. He was wearing a black hoodie, black skinnies and black converse. There was a small bruise on his face a cut on his lip from the fight.

" So... can I get your name?" he asks hopefully.

" It's Elizabeth but you can call me Liz. Can you tell me yours? " I say, extending my hand.

" It's Gerard. Gerard Way." he says, taking my hand and shaking it with a big grin. 

 A/N:

Hey guys! Enjoying it so far?? Please comment and vote! Thanks! :D

This is how Liz looks like ---->