First Gig, First Love, First Record Deal

** Liz's POV **

The next thing we knew we were at the club, pacing the floors. The guys were so nervous. Jamia, Alicia and I had to work our butts off to try and get them to calm down. I couldn't blame them though. This so called Kevin was right. The record dealer of Reprise Records was definitely here which definitely  made the guys feel much calmer. *insert sarcasm here*

The guys were up next and all their faces were a lot paler than usual. Gerard was just spacing out and his hands were shaking. I sat down beside him and looked at him in concern.

" Liz... what if we don't do well enough? What if the record dealer doesn't like us?" he asks with worry in his eyes.

" Gerard." I say calmly.

" What if I don't hit the notes right? What if i just freeze on-stage? What if--" he continues, starting to panic.

" Gerard!" I shout, snapping him out of his panic attack.

" What?" he shouts in the same tone.

" Shut up." I say with a straight face.

" ...Thank you... I'm sorry. It's just that this is our first gig and a record dealer's already going to watch us. This could be our chance. Our only chance." he says, rubbing his forehead.

" Gerard Arthur Way, you are gonna kill it out there, you hear me? You are gonna walk out there and murder them with your insane music!" I say,looking at him intensely and shaking him.

He stares at me in surprise for a moment but smiles at me after. Suddenly, a voice echoes through the mic. 

" Coming up next is  an alternative rock band formed right here in Jersey. Let's give it up for My Chemical Romance!" the guy says with enthusiasm.

As soon as he stepped off-stage, Gerard gripped me tighter. Frank, Ray, Mikey, and Bob enter the stage and set up their equipment. I look at him and see pure fear in his eyes.

" I-I don't think I can do this, Liz. Maybe we shouldn't--" he tries to say but i immediately cut him off.

" Gerard, I believe in you. I don't give a fuck about what the crowd thinks and you shouldn't either. All I want to see is you having fun out there and being the person i've always known you to be." I say, giving him a reassuring smile and eventually did something I never thought i'd ever do. 

I kissed him. 

Gerard stayed frozen for a while but eventually started to kiss me back. He placed a hand at the back of my head, deepening the kiss. I continue to clutch the fabric of his leather jacket and both of us couldn't help but smile throughout the kiss. I pulled away, knowing that Gerard really had to get on-stage already. He understood immediately and headed up the stage. I could see that Frank, Bob, Ray and Mikey were looking at us in disbelief and so was Jamia and Alicia who were standing right beside me. I  blush a little, trying to ignore them.

Before heading to the mic, Gerard glances at me with a smile.

" Go blow their brains out!" I mouth to him with a smirk. 

He shakes his head and rolls his eyes with a smile before he speaks into the mic. 

" We are My Chemical Romance and this song's called Demolition Lovers. It's dedicated to someone i really care about and... i hope she'll understand that through this song. So yeah...I hope you guys like it." he says, glancing at me for a second then back to the crowd. 

I was caught by surprise and I didn't know what to think. Alicia and Jamia squealed softly and started nudging me and wiggling their eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and concentrated on the song he was singing.