Chapter 5 - Baby, I Loved You First

My Mystery Lover - Chapter 5

Baby, I Loved You First

_____________________________

After a few hugs and eskimo kisses later the two walked out hand in hand towards where Niall's brother's car was parked. The blonde, who was to busy thinking about the current issues they faced, didn't realise the tan boys sudden stop in his steps and came crashing to his back. "Zaynie, why did y— oh no.." He gulped, when he saw his brother leaning against his car chatting to an all to familiar brunette. The 2 continued bantering, making the other laugh and it was as if they were already close friends. Zayn squeezed Niall's hand gently, as they carried on with the conversation, still not noticing them. Niall let go of Zayn's hand, who immediately frowned at the loss of contact, and cleared his throat. Louis head spun around and his face broke into a sly smirk. "Oh, Niall? I didn't see you there!," Greg finally noticed, smiling at his little brother. "You never told me you had a boyfriend!" "Come on Greg, lets just go— Wait, What?!" Niall's jaw dropped, his eyes widening to the size of golfballs. "Louis was just talking about you two, I approve!" He joked, grinning with a quick thumbs up.

Niall stood frozen in place, taking it a while for him to process what just happened. His mouth agape, and still not knowing how to react, he didn't realise that his brother was getting into the vehicle. "Greg! Wait for me!" He called out running towards the car. Greg rolled down his window "Didn't you hear me little bro?, I said that Louis offered for you to stay at his house while I go meet up with a friend, see you at home." "But I'm fine home alone!" Niall reasoned "Pfft, your always complaining about being alone, Niall. Its only just 5 hours anyway, maybe over night if me and my friend have a sleep over" Niall felt his heart stop beating. 5 hours and a possible night with Louis. Oh no. 

And before Niall could say anything else, he was off. He wetted his dry lips before turning around to see that the 2 boys were already at it and getting in each others faces. Zayn being taller by a few inches, was glaring hard at the brunette, his fist clenching and unclenching whilst Louis had a bored expression on his face as he waited for Zayn to make the first move. Niall shook his head, stomping over to the two boys and getting in between them, making the two split apart. "Come on, Niall. My house is this way" Louis beckoned, Niall thought for a moment. Maybe I could try and change Louis' mind or something, he smiled, happy at the idea. He looked back at Louis who was waiting for an answer and he nodded. Zayn looked at him in disbelief, his hazel eyes flashing with disappointment. Niall wrapped his arms around Zayn's neck and once Zayn hugged back he gave him a peck on the cheek before whispering in his ear "don't worry, I'll sort this out" he said and running off to Louis' direction. Zayn scowled as he watched Louis wrap an arm around Niall's waist. The brunette looked over his shoulder and shot  Zayn a quick half smile knowing what he was doing to the raven haired boy. Zayn felt a hand being placed on his shoulder and he slowly turned his head and found Liam with a serious expression on his face. 

"We need to talk"

~*~

Niall gaped at Louis' house. "Th-this is yours?" He stuttered, jogging after the boy who was already by the door. The house looked newly built, it was modern and cosy and was wallpapered with the colours blue and white. He looked around and Louis chuckled at the blondes reaction. He hooked a finger in his tie and yanked it off. "What made you come here, Niall? I thought you would have stayed with your Zaynie" he mocked, taking off his shoes. Niall watched as Louis unbuttoned the two top buttons of his white shirt and he took a step back. "W-What are you doing?" Niall gulped, Louis shook his head, burying his hands in his jean pockets. "I'm not gonna try anything, Blondie. Don't worry" he reassured walking towards his kitchen. "Want anything?" Niall followed him inside, narrowing his eyes at the boy. "What?" Louis said with a slight laugh as he reached for something at the back of the cupboard. "What are you doing?" Louis shrugged "I'm hungry, want some?" He said, waving a packet of Walker's crisps in the air. Niall nodded and Louis chucked him it. "So..is it just you who lives here?" Niall munched, his words slightly becoming muffled by the food. "Yup, just me." He answered walking over to the fridge and grabbing a can of coke.